Chapter 2: Name of Love

The door to the office suddenly swung open.
"Erwin, I just wanted to ask you about the-" Hanji cut themself off as they noticed that Erwin was not as his desk like normal.

"Hm. ERWINN??!!" Hanji yelled hoping he might be in the bathroom or at least within earshot of their screech. Alas, silence.

"ERWIN!!!" Still nothing. "Wow, guess he really did go out somewhere." Hanji stepped into Erwins dimly lit office quietly closing the door behind them. 'No harm in looking for those papers I was going to ask him about.' They thought to themself as they began to look through the stack of papers on the desk for the titan experiment papers they'd asked Erwin to sign.

Unbeknownst to Hanji a small figure stood in the doorway, having opened the door in total silence. The figure watched from its place barely visible in the candle light that bled in from the hallway, as Hanji glanced over the papers in their hand muttering to themself.

"What are you doing four-eyes?" The 5"2 figure spoke ominously.

"OH JESUS CHRIST, LEVI!" Hanji practically leapt into the air almost dropping the papers they were looking through.

"What are you doing?" Levi repeated himself stepping into the office.

"U-Uh... I was just...." Hanji desperately tried to think of an excuse before spying the letter sitting in the place that Erwin had left it.
"I was just... about to post this letter off for the Commander, actually." They said confidently putting the papers down and grabbing the letter from the desk.

"Really, " Levi said unconvinced as ever.

"Yup, gotta go!" Hanji rushed out of the office patting Levi's head as they went "BYEEEEE~"

"Tch." Levi turned and closed the door following Hanji down the hall. Erwin's office was once again in silence with an empty space among the papers where the letter once lay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where is it... Where is it... I know I put it here somewhere... Did I put it in here? No... Okay.... I know damn well it was here yesterday..." Erwin furiously rifled through his desk drawers.

"Ah Commander! You're actually in here today, I came looking for you yesterday but your office was empty" Hanji sauntered into the office once again.

"Don't you ever knock, Section Commander?" Erwin remarked, clearly irritated by their intrusion.

"Something wrong?" Hanji ignored his question and instead scooted over to the desk and leaned over towards Erwin who was rifling through a drawer filled to the brim with papers.

"Did you need something, Section Commander? I'm quite busy at the moment." Erwin sat up abruptly his hair slightly dishevelled from rummaging.

"Clearly. You lost something?" Hanji once again ignored Erwin's question curious as to what he was looking for.

"If you must know there's a letter I needed to-"

"I posted it for you, you're welcome." Hanji said proudly, grinning ear to ear. "I found it last night when I came here looking for you, so I thought I'd do you a favour and send it off. No need to thank me." Hanji stood upright hands on their hips in a heroic stance.

Erwin sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Hanji's face fell realising they may have made a mistake as Erwin began closing the drawers and shoving papers back into their respective places.

"Sorry...I guess you didn't want it sent?" They looked down at their nails and began to pick at them.

"Not to worry, what's done is done. Now, what was it you needed Section Commander? Was it those Titan experiment forms you wanted me to sign? I believe.... I signed them yesterday.... Where did I... Ah here they are... Yes all signed. Here you go." Erwin held out the signed forms towards Hanji.

Hanji took them from Erwin and saluted him. "I'm sorry Commander. I thought I was being helpful"

"Hanji like I said, What's done is done. I appreciate you trying to help me out." Erwin returned the salute and watched as they left their nose already buried deep in the forms to check that their requests had all been approved.

'I hope y/n means well by her letters or else they'll be more to worry about than titan experiments ' Erwin thought as he leaned back in his chair. He sighed once more before leaning forward to rest his arms on his desk.

'That'll teach me to go for a walk during the later hours of the evening" He said quietly to himself before focusing on the task ahead the mound of papers that almost entirely covered his dark wooden desk.