Chapter 44- Home to you

((what you might have missed: Hange has made Erwin a prototype prosthetic arm, Y/n and Erwin said their first I love you and Marco tried to tell the Commander about the new recruits suspicious behaviour.))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to admit waking up next to Erwin had to be one of the best feelings in my life. Erwin rose from the bed planting a soft kiss on my forehead before getting dressed. I sat up stretching and rubbing the sleep from my eyes not wanting to get stuck with Levi for the day again.

"What are you up to today?" I asked getting out of bed and pulling on my clothes from the previous day.

"Oh, I have a few lectures to teach and then some physical training with the new recruits. Would you like to join me?" Erwin replied having walked over to the bathroom mirror and making sure his hair was perfect.

"Only if I get to have a go... You did say you wanted me measured for ODM gear... Just in case..."  I pulled on the stockings that Erwin had pulled from me the previous night and toed on my shoes.

"That's true. I did say that. Very well. Let's be going then." Erwin attached his prostetic and extended his metal hand to me.

We left Erwin's bedroom hand in hand and began our walk down to the lecture hall. We received some glances from people as we passed but all in all they didn't seem to gossip about the girl hand in hand with their Commander.

I enjoyed listening to Erwin talk about his Long-Distance Enemy Scouting Formation and how each soldier played a different part in the overall success of the mission, some giving their lives for it.
But despite how interesting I was finding it a part of me just wanted to get to the physical training. I was eager to see how their gear worked and maybe even get to spar with a cadet or two.

"Alright. That's all we have time for today.  We'll be switching with Captain Levi's group now and moving onto physical training." Erwin turned and rubbed the chalk from the board using a cloth.

The cadets all closed their books and excitedly got up it seemed as though they were just as eager as me to expell some energy outside rather than cooped up in a classroom.

The training ground was just as I had remembered from my walks with Erwin. A large square courtyard for sparring and a bigger field for roaming with horses and a path that led off to the woods.

As we approached we passed the other group of cadets a bustling group with a few figures who appeared less talkative that the rest. Two blondes and a brunette. I was taken aback for a moment my eyes following them as they jogged past. If I hadn't have known better I could have sworn it was Annie, Bertholdt and Reiner. I thought about what they might be doing right now but shook it from my mind. Marley wasn't home anymore. This was my home here alongside these people with the man I loved by my side.

I heard snickering behind me and honed in my hearing to listen to the conversation.

"Why is she even here. There's no way she should even be training with us. I mean look at her she couldn't squish a fly on her own." The snickering continues and from the sound of it they were definatley talking about me.
As we reached the sparring area Erwin slowly let go of my hand to take his position at the front of the group. I slowed my place allowing the cadet who had been insulting me to pass by as I took note of his birds nest like hair and snarky looking grin that resided on his face.

We made for the woodland and one of the other cadets helped me into some spare ODM gear. Surprisingly it seemed it fit me well enough and it wasn't half as heavy as the gear I'd lugged around for Pieck on multiple occasions.

"Huh. Not so bad." I said to myself as the  other cadets took up their marks ready to fly off and slay some fake Titan's. Erwin nodded for them to begin and they all shot off in different directions puffs of gas erupting from their cannisters.