Chapter 28- La Vie en Rose

Erwin and Marie continued to get along like a house on fire. Although Erwin was still busy with work they still managed to spend some time together during the evening.

Marie was so supportive of Erwin even when he was arrested by the Military Police for trying to prevent them from taking Eren Jaeger due to his Titan powers.

Marie never really got to know the cadets very well as she couldn't relate to them on any level but she got along with Levi and Hange well enough. Levi was as blunt and stony with her as he was with everyone else and so she took this as a sign that things were going well.

Erwin would sometimes go down to the bar where she worked just before her shift was over and then they would take a walk through the town and sit and listen to the silence that echoed throughout the walls at night when most people were sleeping.

They'd shared many embraces by a crackling fire in Erwins's office and she would always wait anxiously waiting for Erwin to return from missions.

She was content but even though it wouldn't be a bad life. She wasn't sure whether she could handle her schedule being this way forever. Perhaps she ought to talk to Erwin about retiring from Military service. Maybe he could become an author or a painter while she stayed at home as a housewife occasionally working at the bar.

She was getting ahead of herself. They'd only had their first date about a month ago. Yet she was so eager to settle down and enjoy life before the Titans attack the walls again.

"Marie? Are you ready?" Erwin extended his arm to her shaking her from her thoughts. His muscular body covered by a rich navy suit tailored specifically to him. The green of his bolo tie accentuated. He gave a soft smile extending his hand a little further. Marie's delicate hand fell into his and clasped it.

She tucked a stray curl behind her ear with her other hand and stood up from the chair brushing out her long linen dress that flowed off her every curve.

"You're looking handsome as ever today." She exclaimed chirply.

"Why thank you." He smiled squeezing her hand as they left the bar. The bell on the door jingling in their wake.

"I thought I could take you for a ride to where I grew up." Erwin said his voice smooth like butter.

"Sounds amazing."

They walked for a little while before they approached on Erwin's white stallion tied up to a post grazing on a small patch of grass.

He hoisted himself into the saddle.
"Normally I would lift you but.... I don't think that's really possible" he laughed at himself and his unfortunate incident with a Titan whereby he'd lost his arm a month or so before they even started seeing each other.

"Just as well there's a step stool here then." Marie pulled an abandoned wooden crate over to the horse and used it to step up and sat down on the horses back. She sat side saddle her arms wrapped around his waist as they began to ride through the town quietly.  Her arm resting against his rock hard abdominals.

She leaned her head on his back and the rode watching the world go by.
Only the clip clip of the horses hooves and occasional chatter from the homes they passed by.