Chapter 49- Achilles Come Down

But...

They didn't come any closer. Almost like they were scared of me. I scanned the scouts for Erwin but my eyes met those of Levi instead. He narrowed them at me his hands on his swords ready to strike.

I wasn't going to wait for him to. I blasted upwards the hooks of the gear grappling into the wall around 15 feet up.

"MEN! TAKE AIM!!" The MP's leader called out as they all took their positions and aimed their rifles towards me.

"Thats brave...how do you know I'm not a Titan shifter? Hm?" I taunted.

"Because if you were you would have told me." I recognised his voice before I saw him. Erwin walked through the crowd of scouts to the front.

"Y/n. It doesn't have to end like this. You know how well trained the MP's are. If they shoot they won't miss." Erwin reminded me.

"I think you under estimate me." I pulled the trigger again shooting myself up another 15 feet. I could feel the gas dwindling. There's no way I'd make it.

"AT THE READY!" One of the MP's squad Leaders called out.

"HOLD!" The man from before called out. He must have been their Commander because they all froze and looked to him for instruction. The scouts moved forward adjusting their ODM gear ready to come up after me.

" Think about this y/n. Think about what we've been though together!" Erwin called out. The scouts began to move up the wall towards me slowly and cautiously. They really were scared of me. I guess it was a good thing I was unpredictable.

Erwin moved with them too. His metal prostetic using the ODM gear with ease. I shook my head. He was still lying.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled out to them my knuckles turning white from gripping the handles of the blades. I looked down at their faces. I saw Connie and Sasha, Jean and Marco, Krista and Ymir, Mikasa and Armin and even Eren. They looked betrayed but why did they look at me this way. If it wasn't for Erwin handing me in then they would never have known about this side of me. But then again, maybe I should have just been honest from the start.
Levi's hand twitched at his side itching to slice me down.

A sudden scratching sound and puffs of smoke caused everyone to turn their heads as three bodies came hurtling towards the wall and zoomed to the top.

"Y/n! LET'S GO! COME ON!" Reiner yelled out as he, Annie and Bertholdt flew by and landed a top the wall.

I pulled myself up some more thinking about how much gas I might have left.

"I don't know if I can..." I said to myself.

"Don't be ridiculous. Come on! Remember what you promised us as kids!" He called out again. "If you die here  then it's over for us!"

I nodded blasting off again. I was around  10 feet from the top but even still the scouts were still sticking close. They looked at each other confused by the three new recruits appearance but Levi didn't seem surprised.

"So the other traitors finally reveal themselves." He scoffed. Marco's face turned pale and I thought about how he had knocked on Erwin's door claiming it was urgent.

Perhaps I had saved their skin without even realising.

"Come on y/n! You've got this!" Bertholdt called out in support. I nodded climbing up a bit further using sheer strength and willpower.

"Y/n! Please! I love you! I really do!" Erwin called out he was closer to me that the rest but still stayed back.

"You're a liar!" I yelled tears pricking my eyes. "You're just using me!"