Chapter 70: Can you feel my heart?

!!!!!!!!!--CONTENT WARNING: SOME GORE AND SPOILERS FROM OVA--!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The horses took off in splashes of mud, Erwin and Levi pulling the reins left and right dodging craters and bodies as best they could. The wind trailed their emerald green cloaks behind them as the raced across the open battlefield.

"Those Marleyians are inhuman." Levi grunted as his horse jumped a crater of what could only be described as a soup of flesh and bones.

"No, Levi, humanity is inhuman. I think you forget this is just two sides of society being fearful of eachother" Erwin replied to Levi's grumble.

The horses galloped on the sky darkening grey cloud looming overhead. 
"Looks like a storms coming." Erwin called out to Levi who had ridden ahead.
Levi turned and nodded to Erwin steering his horse to the left towards some sparse woodland in order for them to ride with some cover.

"No! It'll take too long. This ends now." Erwin continued to ride ahead the rain beginning to pour he pulled the hood of his cloak up to cover his head.
Levi followed behind his commander obidiently despite feeling it was foolish to continue in these conditions.

Erwin held onto his hood as the wind picked up due to the horses speed. He struggled to keep it up until eventually he gave up allowing the freezing rain to fall down upon his golden hair causing it to fall from its pristine place and stick to his forehead and over his brow.

A fog was beginning to form over the battlefield. Levi looked left and right wondering how soon before they would be totally blind.

Erwin ran a hand through his hair pushing it back off his face, wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his uniform and slowing his horse to a steady trot. The thickness of the fog was doubling quickly. Erwin checked that Levi was still following and despite only seeing his outline he could still tell he was close behind.

The next time he turned however he could no longer see his trusted companion.

"Levi?" He asked into the void. No response.

Levi heard Erwin's call from a distant place in the back of his head as he sat a top his horse stood still amongst the fog and pouring rain.

"Levi?" There it was again. Only this time it wasnt Erwins voice but one that he hadnt heard for many years.

"F-farlan?" Levi whispered as he dismounted and began looking around him. The rain continuing to drench him to the bone.

"Leviii?!?" It was two voice this time. He was sure he heard them both.

"Isabel? Farlan? Where are you? Come towards my voice!" He shouted in desperation begging his friends ti emerge from the white around him. His vision was blurring. His heart quickening and he began to breathe heavily. His lungs felt like they were on fire and he fell to the ground clutching his chest gasping for air. Hot tears fell down his face following the trails the rain had already left.

Levi looked down at his hands the smell of iron hitting his nose as he stared at the blood red splatters that covered them.
"Whats happening to me?" He asked himself silently.

His eyes focusing on the ground infront if him where a mop of ginger hair lay. He reached out turning it towards him.
The blank souless eyes of Isabel stared back still widened in pure horror and fear. It was then that Levi cast his eyes down past the girls chin. Except there was nithing but mud. He gagged the decapitated head lulling further to one side towards him. He scrambled backwards his heart rate quickening even more he felt like he was choking. His hand brushed a severed hand that was sticking up from the mud a ring in its thumb identifying it as belonging to Farlan.

Levi used the horse to pull himself up closing his eyes and turning away before vomiting onto the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erwin continued to ride. He didnt have time to wait, the longer he did so the more lives would be lost.

He could see the fog beginning to clear up ahead the outline of the beast titan becoming clearer as he rode directly towards the danger.

"We want to hold negotiations!"Erwin called out bravely towards the towering lump of fur.

"Negotiations? Pathetic." Zeke responded his voice coming out as a growl through his titan form.

"We know all about you Zeke Jaeger. We just want the killing to stop. Please allow me to talk to your commander." Erwin appealed once again.

The beast titan shifted moving its arm backwards. Despite being fairly far away Erwin could still see this.  He horse reared and whinned also sensing danger but Erwin steadied her. He may occasionally lack brains when it came to y/n but he was never a coward.

"I ASK AGAIN. ALLOW ME TO SPEAK WITH YOUR COMMANDER IMMEDIATLEY!" Erwin yelled, his projection echoing.

A sinsiter laugh surrounded him accompanied by the sound of crumbling rocks and shooting pain in his side as he was pelted at high speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levi continued to hide his face against his horse plugging his nose for fear he may vomit again. His entire body shaking and trembling his face stinging from the tears.

"Its not real. Its just a nightmare." His mothers voice whispered gently from another memory. "You have to keep going Levi. For me?"

Her words soothed him like a newborn baby it felt like an embrace of a warm hug and he opemed his eyes as the focused in on his surroudings. The memory of his mother having pulled him from the nightmares of his own mind. The rain had long since stopped and the fog was lifting fast. He mounted his steed and wiped his face with a handkerchief before placing it back into his pocket. He searched around for signs of Erwin the battlefield being eerily quiet. A fleck of white on the horizon alerted Levi to Erwins position.

He kicked his horse into a run and made his way over quickly to assess the situation slowing once realising the Beast titan was stnading proudly beside the fleck of white.

"That son of a bitch." He muttered readying his ODM and pulling his horse to head to the left once more into the continuing woodland.
He scouted around the outside before taking off into the air allowing his horse to slow as it was trained to do and zipped through the trees heading directly for the beast titan.

There was only one way they would get to hold any negotiations.

Take out Zeke Jaeger.