Chapter 60- One last kiss

A few more weeks past. I spent time talking to Hange about the technology we had back in Marley. I even talked to the cadets about what life is like outside the walls and how I hoped I could show them around Marley one day. I grew closer with them too, more than I had before. All of them had the bravery of 1000 men yet they had just barely reached adulthood.

As well as all this I was asked to speak in many meetings with other high ranking members of the Survey Corps.

They all seemed really interested in what I had to say but I wasn't sure how much of this information would actually be useful.
They probed me to give details about my 'colleagues' but I refused to.

"I'm sorry, but that would solve nothing. You are already aware of three of them who used to reside here in the survey corps. We do have many other operatives here in Paradis as we speak. How many exactly I'm not sure."

I paused before continuing

"But there is someone I can tell you about. Although it mustn't leave this room. I fear for the consequence should certain people find out. There is a man named Zeke Jaeger. Yes you heard me correctly. Jaeger. It seems to me that he is some relation to Eren although it could just be coincidence." I continued.
"I believe him to be the most dangerous of them. Admittedly his Titan form may not seem dangerous but he truly is a wicked human being....Titan or not. He cares for no-one but himself, seeks only for one goal and he-" I choked on my words my eyes bubbling with tears.

Erwin rose from his seat but Levi swatted at him.
Miche stood and walked to the front patting my shoulder gently
"It's alright, sweetheart. Take all the time you need."
I gave Miche a half smile as he wrapped me into a hug as he shot a look to Erwin.

Erwin cleared his throat.
"Perhaps we should call it a day. Y/n, if you could write down anything else you think might be useful I can pass it on, on your behalf."

I nodded. He was always so cold in front of them. I guess he was almost the same man as when we met. Not someone to let anyone know how he really felt in that moment.

Everyone stood to leave and Miche gave me a final squeeze before also exiting joining hands with another Squad Leader, Nanaba who gave me a small thumbs up and a wave as they both left.
'They'll make great parents one day'
I thought to myself as I slumped down into a nearby chair.

Erwin approached hesitantly as I sniffed back my tears.

"Y/n...may I ask why you're crying?" Erwin's voice was soft

"Zeke he just.... Gets to me sometimes. I'm fine now." I replied

"Are you sure? You know you can talk to me about anything. " He insisted

I looked around to see if everyone had left. Levi sat in the opposite corner scowling into a cup of tea watching the steam rise from it.

"He and I....we were childhood friends. But once he inherited the Titan it's like he completely changed personality. He hated me and I could never figure out why. Turns out my parents adopted me when i was a baby and that if they hadn't I would have grown up in poverty just as he had. Jealousy is a cold and cruel killer. I think that's why he felt the need to do everything he could to be better than me. To destroy me in any way possible. First by trying to sabotage my relationship with Stefan and then when he couldn't manage that he...."

I hesitated again.

"Y/n." Erwin asked firmly.

"That night....when we..." Salty tears dribbled down my face as Erwin's cheeks flushed. He looked over to Levi who seemed uninterested in our conversation

"Yes, what about it?" Erwin seemed to be growing more suspicious the longer I avoided answering

"He has pictures....it's hard to explain but he has pictures of us together....and....when he told me....he.... He seemed happy...and I just felt....so disgusting and-"

There was a loud scraping sound as Levi abruptly stood pushing his chair back looking to Erwin and I.

"I should have known when you said his name that he'd cause problems. If he's anything like the other brat of a Jaeger I'll kick his ass no problem." He walked towards the door. "Try not to worry yourself, y/n." He left the room.

Erwin and I stood stunned.
"Is he..."

"No. He isn't normally like that. I guess what you said must have struck a nerve. But for what it's worth I think he's right. We'll deal with Zeke. There won't be enough left of him to even think about those... Phyto-nomo-graphs or whatever they're called, okay?" Erwin leant down kissing the top of my head.

That night as Erwin slept I sat awake not even the warmth of his body or the scent of his musk could soothe me. Something felt off. It's wasn't even Zeke that was disturbing my thoughts but it felt as if something was coming. Though I couldn't put my finger on where this anxiety had come from.

Tap

Something hit the window

Tap

Again

Tap.

I walked over peeking out the curtain down onto the street to see a sweaty looking Pieck staring up at me.

'what the fuck is she doing here?" I thought to myself. I stood staring at her for a few moments before turning to look back to Erwin who was still sound asleep.

She bent down and picked up another small Stone and pulled her arm back ready to throw. I shook my head violently.

"Don't you dare. I'm coming down just hang on." I whispered out loud even though she couldn't hear me.

"Where are you sneaking off too hm?~" Erwin's husky and sleepy voice graced my ears from behind as he pressed his warm naked body to mine.

My body erupted in goosebumps as he placed a couple kisses on my neck

"It's...uhh..." I turned to face him my words lost to nerves
His eyes glinted with mischief.

"It's what, love? Do I make you nervous?~" He leant in kissing me softly.

I blushed crimson.
"N-no..."

Tap

'damn you Pieck' i thought to myself.

Erwin backed away from the window embarrassed.

"Ah, I see. I take it this would be the person who wrote ahead for you before?" Erwin asked me

"Yes, she's my best friend. Just... Give me a moment...." I picked up a blanket wrapping it around me and headed for the door.

Erwin got back into bed leaning up against the head board.

"When I get back we can.... Get back to....whatever you were planning before hm?~" I teased biting my lip.

"I'll be waiting then~" Erwin replied placing his hands behind his head and relaxing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I left the room I raced down to her throwing myself into her arms.
"God I've missed you but fuck are you annoying sometimes." Pieck only hugged me for a brief moment before letting go. Her face pale a grim look on her face.

"I'm sorry to get between you two. Really I am. But this is really important y/n." She said in a serious tone.

"Of course." I straightened myself up. "What's happened?"

Pieck took a deep breath before looking me deep in the eye

"Marley are preparing to launch an attack on Paradis."