Chapter sixty-three: Happiness, some instructions

To everyone who has been waiting for an update.

Trigger warning: lots of emotional, and psychological trauma and abuse is being unpacked here, proceeded with tissues, and caution

Rajiv's pov

I knew I wasn't happy, hiding away from my family, always scared that they would catch up on my sexual identity, and behaviours, but it was a feeling that I had been living with for a long time, and I had just learned to let it be, heaving on my person.

Then one day I met Isa, and Violet, and they told me about it: there were people that fed on others' happiness, they were people who were hungry seeing others happy, they were people whose actions killed someone else's happiness not once but hundreds of times.

That wasn't not even the worst part, the worst part, is that afterwards they'd want you to pull yourself back together, as if nothing had happened, the worst thing is that it was so normalised to accept such process, that many failed to recognise it, let alone rebuke it.

It was winter, the first time Violet had her happiness ripped away, she described it as the iciest winter ever, and that from time to time she still shivers just recalling it's memories. She was robbed of something that before then she did not even know it could be robbed.

I sat braiding Ezra's hair, blankly staring the wall, being half asleep he was calm, the kid was truly a docile tornado, which I didn't even know it could be a combination, in moments like this he was adorable. "Come on hurry up, we are going to be late" Isa ran across the alley, grabbing the kids bags, "Mommy, I am done eating, thank you" Adaline screamed from the kitchen, she too, obviously loved shouting like her mother.

"All done" I said getting up and picking him up, right then he smiled then proceeded to bite his lower lip, frowning greatly I would like to add, "Sati facendo la cacca?" (Are you pooping?) he looked at me mortified for a quick second, about to shed tears, so I apologised, "Sorry, keep pooping" I said putting him down, he went in a corner to finish off.

"Ezra is pooping" I told Isa, stealing her toast, "Thanks, Addy is ready, she just has to put on the jacket, I put the bags in the car"

She then proceeded to change Ezra's diaper, "Alla fiera del west, per due soldi un topolino..." (Kids lullaby) she sang in order for him to be still, it worked every time, once everyone was ready we set off.

"Adaline, I love you" she shouted getting back into the car as she left, "I love you too, mamma" She giggled doing a spin and then going inside.

She smiled wide, as she turned around to check on Ezra, she met my eyes, "Hi" I greeted her calmly, "Hi" she whispered softly against my lips.

Isa's pov

From the age of 10 to may be 16, I had suffered from a severe form of depression, being an empath, did not help at all, it felt as if I felt everything way too much.