Chapter thirty-seven: Life happens

Time skip ~three weeks later

Aaron's pov

Do people change? My answer? No, they don't, yet I had been seated in an old bar tool sipping heavy alcohol to forget about Isa, for 4 hours.

I took another sip of my drink, smiling at the thought and sound of her laugh, playing again and again in my head. It was both satisfying and painful: to hear her laugh even when she wasn't with me, and not being able to hold her in my arms.

Minute by minute the vodka stopped burning as I brought it to my lips and slip in my throat to silent my cries.

How'd define the ability to mess up one of the most beautiful things happened to you? Maybe the truth is we are not ready to experience those little things that make us happy, maybe we have yet to understand how to grow up, say goodbye and accept the pain that comes from changes...

As for me I hadn't realized what I had till I had lost it, and my whole body was at war for my heart knows what it wants and my mind is somehow still attached to the past.

Two days later

I was officially over Isa, but when she texted me telling me she and I had to talk, my gear skipped a beat. I instantly got up, and woke up the girl next to me, "Hey, you gotta leave before my girlfriend gets here" I notified her, "What you have a girlfriend?".

I smiled brushing my teeth, "Don't play the dummy, you must've heard me screaming her name while we were having sex. Let's say we were both in for a one night stand" I clarified putting on a t-shirt.

"What are you doing still here? Oh! Sh*t, she's here, here pretend to be cleaning, if she asks you're my maid" I rushed to open the windows to let out the sex smell.

"Hi" Isa forced a small smile coming inside my flat, "Good morning, ah sorry I meant afternoon... Sit, can I offer you some coff-". A sudden noise caught our attention, Donna, or Dana whatever her name was came out of my room.

"Sorry I... Didn't mean to" she stuttered embarrassed, "It's okay could you please leave so we can talk?" Isa requested calmly, I didn't know what to do or say so I kept silent.

"She's just my maid" I lied failing miserably, "Really?! What does she clean... Your d*ck?" "It's n-" "Before you start arguing about this there's something more important I have to tell you..." Isa breathed scared, she was visibly sweating.

"I am pregnant", it wasn't the hungover hearing hallucinations I was experiencing, I had heard right, she was really pregnant, things had gotten accordingly to my plan...

Isa's pov

There was not a thing more scary than to be pregnant with a stranger's baby, yes I said stranger: I barely knew what would his intentions be now? Was this his goal all along? Does he even love me or just the fact that I was naive and first timer when it came to dating? Aaron was sweating cold, I was also feeling light headed but I didn't think much of it. When I arrived at Aaron's there was a woman, whom he claimed to be a maid.

I let out a sarcastic response to that bad excuse of explanation, but then ignored the boiling anger I was feeling, 'how could someone like me end up pregnant by someone like him?' to I then focused on the reason I was there.

"I am pregnant", Aaron's reaction caught my off the guard, he seemed extatic, "Oh, God! I'm so happy. I can't even... We're going to have a baby" he cried smiling.

Was I the only one, who was freaking out? Was I the only one to think we were still babies ourselves? Then Aaron said something that stopped my thoughts.

"This is such a good news, everything planned out perfectly, you see my parents couldn't wait to have grandchildren..." To that I zoned out, had I become a surrogate without even knowing so? Dang, I wasn't even sure I wanted to keep the baby, grandchildren?? I had hoped they would not be coming out of my vagina.
Just the thought made me start hyperventilating, so I distanced myself from Aaron, and went back to my car.

My head kept spinning and my stomach had became hard, and things got worse when I realized I was losing blood, so I called Rajiv, "Hey... Don't freak out...ugh...uh, I am bleeding.. I could..ugh really use your help..." I breathed, " Isa what! Isa, stay with me... Did you call an ambulance?".

Before I could hear what else he had said I passed out. I woke up to Aaron gently slapping me, "Isa, wake up... What are you doing?" He sobbed, there were two other figures behind him, but I couldn't focus and my eyes felt so heavy.

Rajiv's pov

I could hear Isa groaning because of the pain, I didn't hang up so that I could make sure she was breathing. I tracked her smartphone down and it turned out that Isa was at Aaron's.

"Hey man, can you please go out and check if Isa's car is in the parking lot?" "What she's probably gone now" he objected, "Just go and check, k?" "K"

I rushed to the car grabbing keys, phone , jacket, and my shoes and Adaline, on my way to the hospital Aaron called " she..ugh... Was here, ... hospital now".

Once at the hospital I entered the room where Isa was staying, holding Adaline, "Mummy" she cried seeing her laying down, it took me a lot not to start crying: I had never seen Isa so vulnerable. "Addy, look at me, mamma is fine, she's resting, ok?" Adaline calmed down.

Pacing around in the waiting room there was Aaron, "Hi mate... They won't let me in.." cried nervously, "Okay, I will go see wh-" "No, wait let me come with you" he begged holding my arm. Feeling bad for him I had agreed, but as soon as Isa glance at him and her heartbeat started to accelerate.

So I turned to Aaron and said "No you better stay here" even though Aaron was visibly angry he backed off and left, after that I closed behind me. "Mommy cry?" Addy voiced almost sobbing as she stopped Isa from covering her face with her hands "Just a little bit".

"I'll sing you a song don't cry" she reassured her mother. "The baby is stable, also you are anaemic, I'm sure you know, have you been taking your supplements? Anyway, it was just under lot of stress and a little bleeding should be normal as your uterus is stretching"

Isa's pov

I am going to sound like a monster, but for a spot second, I felt relieved... I wanted to pretend everything had been a nightmare, the hole I had felt at the thought of having miscarried made me realize there was more than something to confess and convey I had been more than troubled.

After hearing what the doctor had to say, I felt chained in a relationship that I did not want and subconsciously dreaded.

I woke up from my nap to find Rajiv seated with what smelled like tea and biscuits, waiting for me to feel okay enough to talk about what I wanted.

So I did. "That night... The night we had sex, I didn't want to do it, but the idea of losing him because of it hurt me more than not actually wanting to lose my virginity and also he wanted to have sex with me I considered it a sign of love, in the midst of it I somehow felt betrayed by him. That wasn't the first time he had previously tried to engage a sexual intercourse with me, but I had always stopped him" I laughed staring at the very white ceiling, trying to hold back my tears.

"I feel so stupid, 'cause I, right after that, I had the proof that he indeed did not deserve my trust... I was looking for my other shoe when I saw a drawer full of women's panties, bras, lipsticks".

And now I'm pregnant with a baby I am not even sure I want to keep.

Rajiv kept silence letting those words sink in his mind, he then sat by me clench his hands around mines kissing them and sobbed in silence.