Chapter thirty eight: Nothing that a pizza can't repair

Isa's pov

Piper was one of the ob/gyn doctors looking at my case

Piper insisted on me staying at the hospital, to make sure the baby was stress free and I was getting plenty of rest, when Wednesday arrive though I went home.

"Easy, here let me help you" Rajiv was really getting on my nerves with his precautions as if only a leaf could crush me, I loved him for caring so much but got annoyed by his attitude, "I'm pregnant not Ill" I reminded him putting my own shoes on.

"I will have someone cover for me for a while so that I can stay with you" said Rajiv, "No there's no need I can stay at home alone" "Absolutely no, what if something happens just like it did with Violet..." He spoke thoughtlessly.

Hearing that name, Violet still made me feel weak, I kept silence along with Rajiv as soon as he realized what he had said, overhearing our conversation Piper offered her help "I can stay with her... " she smiled unsure, " I mean, my shift has just finished... So I am free" "There's no n-" "Would you?" Rajiv proceeded me "Yes, why not?".

Piper was being very kind, and I also didn't want to be alone, "What about we go get some food I am starving, my last meal was eight hours ago with my colleague vegan sandwich" she laughed starting the engine, though I was getting sleepy I too, was hungry so I agreed.

When we arrived Piper woke me up, pinching my nose and blowing in my face just as Violet used to, "I fell asleep... where are we? Are we there yet?" "Yes" she replied staring at me.

"What did I snore or have I something in my face?" I instantly felt embarrassed, Piper smiled ear to ear "No... You just talked... A lot" Piper was holding back from laughing, "Ah! That happens when I am stressed out or hungry... So let's get some pizza".

Once at home

Isa's pov

Time passed by quickly and before I knew it, it was time to pick up Addy. "Oh, shoot it's late I gotta pick up Adaline" I said standing up, "Sorry, and thank you for babysitting me today" "Oh, no need I used it as an excuse I actually like you" Piper replied putting her shoes on.

"Hi baby, how was kindergarten today?" "Good, we ate watermelon" "Did you really? That's fantastic, was it good?" "Mhm" Adaline nodded her head waving at Jennifer, my niece.

"Mama can we go to Jenny's?" Adaline pouted showing her puppy face, "I'm sorry Mama is a little busy this week what about we go another time?" I spoke after reflecting about the consequences.

If I had gone my brother and sister would have found out I'm pregnant, and I wanted to tell them myself and with Aaron so they wouldn't overdramatized the event.

Later

"Addy, I'm home" Rajiv shouted embracing my little lasagna, "We made spaghetti" she said taking him to the kitchen.

After dinner Rajiv gave Addy a bath, "Don't you think it's time to tell them?" he finally spoke, " Tell who?" "I don't know your family, your daughter..." he always did this: ruin my moments even though I knew I had to tell them I wanted a little more time, which I didn't have I was about 3 months soon none of my baggy clothes would have been able to hide my bump.

" Addy would you like to have a baby brother or sister?" Rajiv took the initiative seeing me backing off, " Yess, can I?" "Well guess what? You may gonna be a big sister!" I silently observed her reaction, which was super positive, little did I know that soon enough that same response would have turned into an undeniable feeling of betrayal.

"Really?" Addy, was now facing me, "Yes" I confirmed, "thank you momma" she squealed kissing me, "Hey, what about me?" pouted Rajiv, "Are you having a baby?" Rajiv shook his head no, "Then no kisses for you"

"What if I choose an abortion? Will you come with me?" "Of course, no matter what, I will stand by you" he said nonchalantly, "I am so scared" I broke down in tears, I was not even sure if it was because of the situation, my body changing, the thought of gaining weight, the fact that Aaron was my baby father or the abortion option I had just been so overwhelmed, that could not put up with all the emotions Rajiv hugged me, patting my back, "I am sorry I can't relieve your pain"

Rajiv's pov

There is nothing more scary for me to see you best friend change because of some circumstances...

Seeing Isa whose love for children had no limits, actually consider abortion, made me shudder, I wondered what I had failed to see in hers and Aaron's relationship, and what she was not telling me, that made her take into consideration having an abortion.

There was no being political about this, until it's your sister, yourself, or someone close to you, nobody would not entertain such solution, then it happens, and your political ideas (if we can even call it so) is not realistic or practical, or even possible by various means, and seeing the person change and struggle and still being bashed is something you would have never guessed would happen.

Yet it does, and you put down everything your traditional and controversial family values, and whatever your opinion on the topic may be, to just be there. To this day there was something I could have never get rid of: a memory.

I had been working for about 14 hours, hadn't had a shower for a week, and even my once hair deprived face had grown a moustache of sorts; that's when a 15 year old girl, Agatha, was admitted, she had motorbike accident apparently under the influence of alcohol, when running some tests though it came out, that she was pregnant and actually had no alcohol in her system.

She had a miscarriage.

Upon her arrival, her family had been called and as they arrived two men and a woman, stood there arguing as I was trying to inform them about the girl's situation: "What happened?" "She said she was going to her friend's" "I swear if something happened to my child I 'm going to sue you".

When I approached the trio, one man tallest, black haired about 45 years hurried me "How is the baby?" "Where is my daughter" the woman asked urgently "I'm afraid Agatha had a miscarriage, she is fine but still recovering" "She lost the baby??!!" the same black haired man muttered in disbelief, "Oh my God" the mother covered her mouth horrified of what she had heard, "I'm going to sue you" "No, you are not" Agatha's father stopped him, "She did it on purpose, first she tries to ruin my career now she deliberately kills my baby" "Hey, watch it. It's my daughter you are talking about" the father shouted enraged.

Later when checking on Agatha, I asked her a simple question whose answer shattered me in a way I cannot describe, "You didn't fall from the motorbike, did you?" "Please don't tell anyone, I wanted an abortion, but I am a minor and need parental consent, I was raped but nobody believed me, even the judge granted him full parental rights once the baby would be born, I had no choice" she sobbed.