Chapter sixteen: That one time I tried to save the world

Isa's pov

That sentence was all it took for me to step in, I immediately took out my cell phone dialled a number "I need you, I am at the hospital, bring some clothes, and take out some money from my bank account" I said to other person "I'll be right there" the person replied, the were no other words needed.

Aaron's pov

I had been searching for Isa for so long, then suddenly bumped into her "Sorry, you okay?" I asked looking at her "Are you busy?" she asked "No, wh-" "Good, come here stay in front of this door don't let anyone in. If you see a man looking for a certain Miss. Davis, make him sign some papers, draw some blood, I don't care just don't let him near the girl" she instructed.

I didn't know what is was about but again I would have done pretty much everything for her.

Isa's pov

Myong Jee, was one my closest friends at the University, she was a lawyer, a good one too. Back then I assisted her grandmother when she had an heart attack and went to visit her during her treatment, Myong Jee had been so grateful for that, even though I was the blessed one to experience a Granny's love which I had never really.

There she was outside the hospital, with everything I had asked her, "Thank you so much" I said hugging her, she smiled back, taking a good look at me "She'll have surgery, something is gonna go wrong, so it'll take us a little bit longer, I will give her these clothes, just have a taxi ready ok?" I said focusing; Myong smiled and said "Still trying to save the world I see" she began "I do what I can" I replied.

"I brought you some clothes, a pair of glasses and a wig, put it on after the surgery, outside the hospital there'll be an Asian woman with a cab waiting for you, she is wearing a blue scarf here's my number, call me when you arrive" I spoke pushing Miss Davis to the surgery room.

My actions were frenetic, she looked at me as she held my hand, her mouth, with chapped and bruised lips moved but nothing came out, we exchanged looks, shared few tears that was all I could do in solidarity, and it was time for her to go.

Aaron's pov

As Isa expected, a man did show up asking for the girl, I said "We are going to perform some more tests to make sure everything is alright before the surgery. Let me escort you so you can fill some papers...". Everything seemed strange about the situation, but I trusted Isa, and would do anything to help her. The man seemed anxious and suspiciously impatient, but I brushed it off, as a lot of people tend to worry too much even after the patients are in our care.

One hour later

Isa: Send me a nurse with the discharge papers, please

Aaron: why is she done?

Isa: yes, but no one has to know, just send me those papers, ok?

Aaron: ok

I did as she told me to, in the meantime Mr. Meyer was signing some documents, that distracted him for a while, once he was done he asked to see his girlfriend, "I'm sorry to inform you that she already entered the operating theatre, we will let you see her as soon as she is out and conscious".

Isa's pov

"Your vitals are regular, I had drained the fluid that had accumulated in her stomach, being a simple procedure I was left to perform alone, as I put the bandage on her I rushed her "Get ready now. Here are the discharge papers you need to fill" I said finishing the check up, she suddenly got a hold of my hand, holding it tight and cried a soundless "Thanks", I was already tearing up, not to show it I took the envelope with some money in it and handed it to her.

Here are some money, just call if you need anything" I said.

After that I exited her post- operation room. "You did good, it's okay, you are okay" I said to myself trying to regain my composure.

Isa: Tell him that there has been a complication she has lost a lot of blood. Tell him she's gonna be out in thirty minutes if we can stop the bleeding.

Aaron: ok, can you tell me what's going on?

Isa: later

After a while I received a message from Myong Jee saying that they had gotten away.

"Here's she is, where's my girlfriend? First you tell me, you're gonna run some tests, then you make me sign some useless papers... I've had enough I want to see my girlfriend right now" he requested angrily "She's been moved to a post - operation room" I notified him, I was about to go when he stopped me "Where do you think you are going? You're gonna come with me" he ordered.

Once we arrived there there was nobody except Frenny, a nurse who was changing the bed's sheets. "This room is empty, where is she??!!" "She is gone" I confessed smiling.

In the moment his brain registered what I had said he reacted not so well, "You found this funny, eh?" he asked, taking out a knife "Go, call the security!" I ordered to the nurse who was obviously terrorised, by the sudden aggression of the man.

In these kind of situation there a few kind of people those who keep calm trying to be reasonable, those who lost it completely, those who stay still fearing the worst, and then there's me the kind of people who lost their sanity a long ago, but try hard every day not to show it, to be normal and that situation just push them, to show the person who threats them how crazy they really are, and how much they are dreaming if they even think they are scared.

"What are you laughing about? Let's see how you will react when I cut that pretty mouth of yours" he grinned widely, taking out a knife.

I laughed again, enraged by my reaction he cut across my chest below my collarbone, I giggled and tightened my punches, "That's right, it hurts doesn't it? Now tell me where my girlfriend is before I cut across that blue vest of yours" He traced my mouth with is fingers, I took advantage of that, bit his hands. Screaming in pain he dropped the knife.

I kicked the knife away, "Ah! You stupid bitch!" he said slapping me across the face, grabbing him by his hair I jolted back his head causing him to wince in pain "I might be a bitch , but you're the stupid one" I laughed bitterly. "Did you really think, the things you've done would go unnoticed?" I breathed close to his face, my hand went down to his throat, while I stared at him coldly, imagining the man, who made me that monster I tried so hard to hide, for a millisecond, it felt undeniably good, my grip tightening around his throat, I could feel his jugular pulsating in accelerated rhythm, my demons danced in sync with that glorious sound.

His face was getting redder and redder, "I bet you chocked her just as I am doing right now, how does it feel, uh?" I asked slamming him against the wall. Just then the police men and security arrived and took him away.

Rajiv's pov

I ran towards the commotion, my mind running all the possible scenarios, one worse than the previous one, but as I managed to have a glance at the canter of it seeing Isa, enraged me, or better disheartened me to the point I failed to logically explain, the security around her and the police as they arrested some man, seeing Aaron grab her I stopped making my way to Isa, as she let him drag her somewhere, before I could go and check on her I saw her staggering somewhere, curved inwards, she went inside the bathroom, I followed her inside, opened the stall and merely grabbed her as she crushed "Hey, I'm here" I muttered my voice breaking in the middle, I could not stand it, to see her like this.

As her legs gave in we sat on the ground as I hugged her, clod droplets of sweat rested on her forehead, while a fresh cut rested on her collarbone threatening me to make me break down in her presence, I wanted to scold her, to shout at her... But all I did was to kiss her forehead "I got you"