Chapter fourty: When life gives you lemons... ugh I don't even like lemons

Isa's pov

"We need to talk about something..." "What is it? Can it wait?" I really wanted to spend some time with you, "No, this is important I'm gonna tell my family about the baby" I was determined to put an end to the hiding, "Really that's amazing, my parents are so pleased that'll we get married" Aaron said holding my hand.

"I didn't say we would really get married" "What do you mean?" I then showed him some documents on my Ipad, "Marriage agreement" "What's this?" "These documents explain how things are gonna go between you and me" "We don't need documents like these, our relationship is all what we need" Aaron debated confused;

"You're wrong, the reason why I'll be getting married to you is purely for my family and kids' sake, don't get me wrong I don't hate you, nor I love you, it's just that I never thought I'd be getting married, to you..." "What's so wrong about me that you don't want me?" Aaron was now standing and clearly upset.

"Okay I admit, I may have gotten you pregnant on purpose, I mean I knew you were not on birth control and I didn't wear a condom, I thought this is what you wanted, seeing you dote on a child that wasn't even yours made me think you would be an amazing mom, to our children, but I don't see nothing wrong with it, you always wanted kids anyway. I love you, what more could you ask for?"

The fact that he had admitted messing up my life so easily made my blood boil.

"You deceived me into thinking that you were so drunk and unable to get home, had me breaking my promise, willingly forgot to use a condom and got me pregnant, this is no way to start a relationship, let alone a marriage!" I pointed out, "I already apologized for that" he lowered his voice, "What can I do with an apology, can I have my life back with it? Can I prevent my daughter from getting hurt by her "father" with it?".

Aaron kept silence defeated by my words, I secretly wanted him to give up, pursuing me of course, that would have made things easier.
I left to have a shower, leaving him to think about our situation and how to act.

Once I was done I went I my room to get dressed, but Aaron was still there, "Can you leave? I gotta get dressed so I can pick up Addy" I said under my breath, the furniture and walls had started to spin slightly which was not a good sign, "Sit down, the doctor said not overdo".

Aaron's pov

"What did you expect?" "I don't know, I just keep feeling wronged" "Well you have no right to feel that way..." I thought within myself.

"Okay I admit, I may have gotten you pregnant on purpose, I mean I knew you were not on birth control and I didn't wear a condom, I thought this is what you wanted, seeing you dote on a child that wasn't even yours made me think you would be an amazing mom, to our children, but I don't see nothing wrong with it, you always wanted kids anyway. I love you, what more could you ask for?"

"You deceived me into thinking that you were so drunk to unable to get home, had me breaking my promise, willingly forgot to use a condom and got me pregnant, this is no way to start a relationship, let alone a marriage!" I pointed out, "I already apologized for that" he lowered his voice, "What can I do with an apology, can I have my life back with it? Can I prevent my daughter from getting hurt by her "father" with it?" Isa was now talking louder, suggesting how upset and unsatisfied she truly was with the whole situation.

She then retreated to the bathroom to shower

I was still there when she came out Which distressed her even more, "Can you leave? I gotta get dressed so I can pick up Addy" she shook her head trying to get something to focus, "Sit down, the doctor said not overdo".

I was waiting for Adaline to come out when I saw her bouncing around excited to see me "Yay!" Adaline shouted as I picked her up, "Are you happy to see me?" I asked instantly forgetting about what me and Isa had talked about, Adaline nodded smiling to me.

That evening we had dinner with Isa's siblings, and finally we told them the truth.

From the moment I had stepped into the house they all started to look at me menacingly, so we decided to tell them at the end, as the evening progressed we ate and chatted, the kids had gone from playing and running around to passing out in a room, they were warm people indeed and despite the fact that I was basically an intruder they had not held back on welcoming me.

"I'm pregnant" Isa blurted out after taking a deep breath, "What?!! You are what? Why? When?" Nathan chocked on his water, "It's his, isn't it? I'm gonna kill y-" her brother Nathan aimed for my throat, while her sister and her husband were just speechless, "Nathan! Sit down, now!" Isa regained the control over the situation, "Don't be dramatic, If I could, I would have done that already" she whispered the last part.

I noticed how she gritted her teeth while talking, so I held her hand, caressing it under the table, "We are gonna get married after the baby is born. I apologise for the sudden shock, and hope for your unconditional support" I spoke calmly even though I was freaking out.

Nobody said nothing, they just kept staring at us, as we were crazy, "Well, I think It's time for us to go" Isa announced standing up, I held her purse and picked up a sleepy Adaline.

Isa's pov

I hated Aaron, for he had caused me to hate myself for the choice I had made to trust him. Despite all my efforts I, after all was in my mother's position: stuck in a marriage with a man I barely knew.

"I'm pregnant" I blurted out after taking a deep breath, "What?!! You are what? Why? When?" Nathan chocked on his water, "It's his, isn't it? I'm gonna kill y-" my brother Nathan aimed for Aaron's throat, while my sister and her husband were just speechless, "Nathan! Sit down, now!" I was still his older sister no matter what, therefore he owned me respect and closure, "Don't be dramatic, If could have done that already" I commented upset about the turnout of the evening.

Tired, I went to get a sleepy Adaline, strapped her in the car seat, thanked everyone and said my goodbye, leaving everyone feeling as if I had just unescaped a bomb and left, which was not completely false.

My muscles felt incredibly sore, so as soon as we went home I put Adaline in my bed, Rajiv carefully undressed her and I sent Aaron home, who was forcefully trying to cave his way in my flat, and bed, "It's been a long day, I need time to think, you should head home now" I yawned pushing him outside.

I laid on my bed trying to calm the baby down so that I could get comfortable, "What happened?" yawned Rajiv, "Nothing, I just feel weird" I cried, embraced by Rajiv I fell asleep in no time. Rajiv knew what I needed instantly and started to tell me about his day, failing to stay awake I let myself go.