Chapter thirty six: Each Time

Aaron's pov

I tossed and turned in my bed restless, I was tired but couldn't sleep, not without having Isa in my arms. So I got up, put on some clothes and went in the only place, the thought of Isa wouldn't bother me: a club.

I danced to the music's beat, grinding on the girl next to me, who seemed to appreciate my attention. I smiled as I was reminded of old memories, it had always been easy for me to seduce women, so imagine my surprise to see that Isa hadn't fallen in love with me.

Needless to be said me and the girl I was with had drunk sex, clumsy, pointless and guided by pure lust. Only then, when my mind was in a state of pure bliss, my body under alcohol's effect I was able to fall asleep.

And even when sleeping I would've dreamed of Isa and each time I lost her as well in my dreams.

I didn't think that unconsciously pressuring her to have sex with me, would have put a strain to our relationship, nor that it was wrong for me to consider Adaline my daughter, from the moment we had started to date, I really failed to see my wrongdoings.

Rajiv's pov

I remember my first year of internship, the chaos, lack of sleep, non stop checking on patients ect... Out of this all I remember something that to this day still shocks me, to this day still makes my heart accelerate.

It was just another day till an ambulance pulled over in our E.R parking lot, rushing a woman in her late thirties holding a toddler. Her son had already been declared dead, but she couldn't let go of him. She pleaded crying and screaming to hel her son, refusing to get treated...

To this day each time we have parents rushing in with children, my heart races, no matter how many patients or situations I have seen at this point of my career.

Everything just gets even more sad when children don't make it to the next day. So each time I have situations like those, I internally slap myself and remind to my inner me "It's gonna be alright, even if it's not we are human beings thus we now how to get on loss, and survive"

Getting Isa out of the apartment was a good idea, after the movie we went to my aunt's restaurant "Oh, who we got here?" my aunt left her customer to greet us.

Isa and my aunt Mridul, had met in the second year of University: since her and Violet often passed their "day-off" college at the campus like me, Isa had her siblings brought her some homemade food, and we would eat together.

My aunt was grateful for how Isa had taken care and spent time with me, even though she barely knew me and my situation so she started to cook too for me to share with Isa.

As soon as my aunt hugged Isa, noticed something was off about her, "Are you okay? You look pale", Isa fixed her glasses embarrassed and replied nervously "No, I mean yes. I am just pregnant" she voiced shily. My aunt smiled hear to hear "Oh! Congratulations! Who is the fat-" before she could finish I caught her attention "Chaci, somebody is looking for you!" I distracted her before dragging her away.

"What? Is this no time to congratulate? Are you the father?" she rumbled confused by my reaction. "No, I told you I like boys, anyway let's not talk about it" I suggested worried that Isa may get hurt.

I then let chaci, guide us to our table, "Let's go eat something yummy" she said picking up Adaline. "You alright?" I checked on Isa, Isa smiled pretending once again just like she used to do each time something was overwhelming. As she started to dig on her food she looked, very peaceful and happy, which also made Addy happy, which led to them dancing while eating.

"Were you that hungry?" I asked smiling at the scene "yes" she replied cleaning Addy's mouth.

Later