Chapter thirteen: Last shot

Aaron's pov

That Wednesday was the day I could feel it, I had planned everything. But as soon as I saw her with that look my legs started trembling like a little girl during her confession to her crush. "Hmm, Isa can I talk to you please?" I requested trying to stay calm "What do you want?" She snarled at me "I wanted to apologise for what happened yesterday, I didn't mean to-, well no actually I wanted to know you but-" I felt my face burning

"I thought on how to make it up for what I have done... And I thought that maybe we could, if you want... Have dinner with me" I finally said "Ok" she said surprising me "Really! I mean then I will be waiting for you outside at the end of your shift" I sounded way too enthusiastic but I couldn't help it.

I sensed that her answer may have been the result of the pressure of having to work together, but I was more than willing to accept it. I was pretty confident that from then on, everything would have been easier, from what I had heard she had no experience or whatsoever in dating, which gave me a huge advantage to lead. I was ready to make her many in any way possible; denying to have been excited is completely useless as my parent would also have stopped nagging me about settling down, once they would have seen me with Isa.

Isa's pov

As I was getting changed I received a call from Rajiv "Isa, Addy's daycare called me she wasn't feeling well, so I went to pick her up, but now I have to go. Can I drop her off?" "Yes, of course I am the hospital, I will be out in 5 minutes" I announced as I put my shoes on.

"Hi, baby! Are you sick?" I asked her picking her up, "I 've checked her temperature is normal, I don't think it's anything serious" he reassured me "Oh, thanks" , "Go, or else you will be late" I then hurried him.

I was about to call off the dinner with Aaron, when I saw him walking towards me, "Hi, I was about to call you, I have a little problem, Addy isn't feeling ok, and Rajiv has a date, so yeah... I don't think I can make it" I explained rocking Adaline.

The face he made, made me feel guilty, even if it wasn't my fault, "You can bring her too if you want... I mean it's not like we are going on a date..." blushed hard Aaron. "Are you sure? Then let's go" I said happily.

I then got in the back of his car and buckled up Adeline' s car seat, "You ok back there?" Checked on us Aaron smiling. I felt strangely content with the situation, not about the date itself more with the fact that I was able to bring Adaline along, as neo mum I found myself nervous over the smallest things, Adaline's temperature was higher than two degrees Celsius, so I gave her a fever reducer, then noted her temperature.

I didn't want to leave her alone especially when she was sick, as she would get extra whiny, as she felt uncomfortable.

"We are here" announced Aaron pulling up in front of a apartment complex, he then came to my side and opened my door, "Thanks" I said picking up Adaline.

Aaron's pov

I hadn't plan that, I planned everything based on the fact that it wouldn't had been just the two of us, ergo the night would have lasted a while.

I was freaking out, sweating cold, 'Pull yourself together, dude' I shook myself out. 'You spent weeks on this night, don't mess it up. You can do this, is just a baby, she can't even talk, she surely not going to ruin your "date"' I thought within me.

"Where can I go to change her?" She called, getting the baby out of the car seat "Second door on the left" I replied. I took advantage of her absence to set up the table, I light up some candles to create a warmer atmosphere, I didn't know why I was doing so, after all it wasn't like it was a date that we were having, but still felt then need to impress her in case that would offer me the opportunity to date her.

I starred at her in awe as she fed Adaline, I don't know what was it that was making me feel like that, I had just never seen her being so lovely and smiling for someone.

As soon as we started to eat Adaline began to whine, " Do you want me to take her... I don't know I could rock her..." I proposed not even knowing how to rock a baby. She didn't seem very excited at the idea of someone touching Adaline, so I got closer to Isa, took her fork and fed her while she bounce med her baby in her legs.

"Open up" I commanded to Isa, whose eyes grew bigger "What?" "I want to help you, you rock her, and I feed you" I mimicked.

She hesitated but eventually gave in, "What do you want to know about me?" she inquired "Wha- ah! Hhm let's see everything, I mean what do you want..." I stuttered " I love dogs, babies and writing, I was born in Italy an my favourite dishes are lasagne, and pizza" she told me.

"What about you?" "I love reading, drinking tea, and watching movies", we moved in the living room, "Are you tired?" She whispered talking to the baby, the voice she made was so sweet I thought, every time she talked to the baby she got sweeter. After doing the dishes I joined her, "Why are you staring at me?" She alluded after a few minutes " I... Sorry, it's just you are so beautiful, no I meant your sense of motherhood is so beautiful... Not that you aren't, it's just..." "Ask me" she than blurted out "What?" I was clueless, " You seem curious yet you poke around waiting for me to guess what is it you really are curious about... my situation" she continued "I Know you are curious..."

How the heck did she know, it was charming and scary at the same time that she could read my mind, " I we-" I was about to reply when she cut me off.

"I, too wanted it, the love that everyone receives from their loved ones, and a romantic one but I wanted something purer than that so I chose a baby's love" "I didn't really care where she came from, all it mattered was this: her lying on me, with her tiny feet and chubby cheeks..." she confessed with her eyes glued to the baby.

Isa's pov

Adaline was officially in dreamland, which made me feel so much relaxed, even tough I knew she was bound to wake up, and look for some comfort.

I could feel his eyes on me, and when he got closer, his lips brushed a kiss on my lips. He then distanced himself looked at me in the eyes as if he was looking for my consent, I was far too gone to even respond to that look, taking this as his chance he captured my lips in a kiss. His palm was caressing my skin softly, "Your skin is so soft" he complained not managing to stop himself.