Chapter fifty: Let's end it here

Isa's pov

I walked in the living room with my heart pounding, and sweating cold, I sat, looked at Aaron "We need to talk" I spoke, Aaron, sat next to me, making me even more uneasy, he tried to kiss me but I stopped him, "I am being serious" I warned him.

"What is it? You're scaring me" "Let's-" "Have another baby? Yess, I knew you'd change your mind" he interrupted me, fool the only thought of him inside me again made me vomit, there was no way I could forget, how he had deceived me in order to get what he wanted. "No that's not it. Let's end it here".

Aaron sat silent, "What do you mean end it here? Why? Did I do something wrong?" That's when I lost it and laughed at his questions "Why do want to marry me?" "Because I love you, of course. And we have two beautiful kids".

As soon as he mentioned my kids my blood started to boil, and I started to crave for his blood. "Let me clarify some things. They're my kids, one, two I only had Ezra because you got me pregnant, and you and your family kept pressuring me not to abort. Truth to be told I wanted to get an abortion..."

"Isa... You cannot be serious, it's our son we are talking about!" "Don't you try and act so innocent, if it weren't for you, for the way you... You tricked me into a pregnancy I wasn't ready, I wouldn't feel so miserable right now, I wouldn't be scared to look at my son and see a man I secretly despise!" I unwillingly raised my tone.

"It was always about you, you didn't truly loved me, you loved my innocence, because otherwise you wouldn't have had your ways. Was I not just a surrogate for you? To satisfy yours and your parents needs?" A slap swung across my face, an instant after Aaron covered his mouth, mimicking a weak "I am sorry".

"Don't be" I fought my tears, "This is what I deserve for getting involved with someone like you. Listen well now, you better not try to approach my kids or else I will make sure you'll crave for the day you'll take your last breath. My lawyer will contact you, soon, just so you know, I will take Ezra"

"You can't. Do whatever you want with Adaline but Ezra's mine as well" "Yes, I can and I will" I said standing up, he stopped me by grabbing my arm, right then I punched him, if he thought that I couldn't defend myself, he was hella wrong.

Seeing him bleed, was one of the most satisfying things in that moment, in that same instant all my demons cheered, encouraging me to let go of rationality and give in for my thirst of revenge and blood and distruction.

"I don't want to hurt the kids, let's just have a clean break up" I whined before shutting the door behind me.

Rajiv was waiting me outside, "Let's go" I commanded entering the car, we had decided to stay at his aunt until everything had been settled. I tried to avoid his stare but eventually he saw my cheeks unusually reddish, "Did he hit you?!" "Let's go" I insisted he was about to get out of the car, but I grabbed his hand, causing him to look at me.

"I AM FINE" I said relaxed, reading my eyes he knew I was, and that was enough.

Once we were back, I am greeted by a crying Ezra, in the arms of Maudril Rajiv's aunt. "Oh, did he cry a lot?" I hurried to pick him up, "No he just hungry. Hurry up and come out so we can eat" she said always smiling.

Rajiv left with Addy, leaving me with Ezra.
As I stared at him, I felt guilty he couldn't have a "normal family" my guilt was washed away as he accidentally winked, he just smiled and kept drinking until he fell asleep. I wished in a corner of my heart that he could always be as happy as when being breastfed.

Finally we sat at the table with Maudril, the table was full of food, so we started to eat, Adaline started dancing with her body after the first bite signalling it was good, "Do you like it?" Maudril asked satisfied, "Yess, thanks auntie" she nodded, enthusiastic.

After dinner, I did the dishes, while Rajiv put to bed Ezra, me and Maudril talked a lot, Adaline rested in my arms, not wanting to depart yet.
After Maudril went to bed, I sat on the bed still holding a sleeping Adaline, who hugged my body tightly, scared of being put down without me.

It was raining, I didn't really like rain, but during those few minutes, it had been the best and relaxing sound. While attempting to put Addy down, she woke up, looking lost.

"It's okay, mommy is here" I cooked her, she got up and laid down on me like when she was just a tiny baby and with that she was out.

Later while praying, I had made peace with myself, and with Aaron, our relationship simply being as Ezra's parents, and nothing else.

The day after was mine and Rajiv day off, so we went to settle few things with Aaron and hopefully his lawyer.

When we got there, I left the kids in the car with Rajiv, the house reeked of alcohol and sex. "Aaron!" I called his name several times before giving up, he wasn't home. So I started to clean up before my lawyer came.

I had just finished when the front door opened and the man of the hour showed up, "Papi!" Adaline screamed running to him, I let her be: I would have talked to her later.

"Hi, my big girl" he hugged her, Rajiv went upstairs with the kids, minutes after my lawyer came. "Who is she?" "My lawyer, she tried to contact you but you never answered" I explained sipping some coffee, I sat with her at dining table getting the documents ready.

Aaron asked me to talk in private, "Take off those glasses while talking to me" I ordered annoyed already, "Listen baby I'm sorry, I shouldn't have slapped you it's just I had a hard day... And you said you wanted to break up, we are about to get married and I got scared..." He rambled.

"I love you, I didn't mean to hurt you" I laughed hysterically at his statement, " No, you didn't love me. Hard day? You think I didn't? You think I don't know you stopped working on the research? I mean I don't mind being the only income in this household but you could have at least told me, anyway that's all in the past now, my lawyer has the papers there won't be much to sign as the house is under my name I will return the house to your parents, the only thing necessary is to adjust your visiting hours." I might have seemed cold-blooded but that's what happens when you get deceived.

"Just wait you will regret this, this doesn't end here" he stormed out. Me, my lawyer the kids and Rajiv stayed and sorted out some documents, giving back the house to Aaron's parents was not really an option as they were also not cooperating, as well as opposing our break up as if I had asked for their blessings...

The custody was not really a question as Aaron had various non criminal offences, he was not seen as a suitable parent to obtain custody of Ezra.