Chapter twenty-four: The things we do for love

Aaron's pov

In high school I was very popular, so I didn't really need to hit on girls, in fact they would fight over me, it was... dramatically funny I would say, how they would betray each other for a occasional fuck, with me. By the time I was in college, I had became tired to wake up to a new girl in my bed everyday.

It wasn't for the sex part, that was my favorite one, but the part where the girl woke up and left, also when I would woke up in the middle of the night and see this stranger in my bed. On top of that my parents kept pushing me to date someone, instead of just having sex with a stranger.

They wanted me to be happy, to feel what love feels like, not like them.
Then I met Isa, it wasn't love at first sight, I just found myself becoming more and more fond of her as I got to know her. I fell in love with her smile, the way she loses herself when thinking deeply, the way she only has eyes for her daughter, the way she talks by herself, defining it as " first person consult" and last but astonishing the way she followed her spirit.

Sleeping in the same house as Isa, caused me to wake up to an erection. I got up and had a cold shower to get myself together "You've got this" I said looking at myself in the mirror, I felt confident, so after brushing my teeth I prepared breakfast.

Rajiv had left early to get some stuff from his apartment. I loved that man for his help.

After a while Isa woke up, she had a shower and got herself ready. " Good morning" I greeted her smiling, "Morning" she yawned covering her mouth. Isa warmed up Adaline's bottle and went to get her, without even sparing a glance at the breakfast.

"Buongiorno amore, hai dormito bene? Guarda che capelli, andiamo a fare colazione" (Good mornig love, did you sleep well? Look at your hair, let's go have breakfast) She said in Italian while bringing her at the table, "Did you make all this? Thanks, but I don't really eat at breakfast it makes me feel sick" she explained putting some of the food that I had prepared in Addy's plate. "I have a super slow metabolism, so in the morning I just drink coffee with a smoothie, but I will eat anyway since you prepared all this stuff"

She must've noticed my sadness 'cause she kissed me in the cheek giving me one of her cheesy smiles.

"Do you have a morning shift?" she asked softly sitting " no, why?" " Can you watch Addy till Nathan's nanny comes by to take her to day-care? Just so you know this flat has cameras"

OMG! I had never thought that this would had come, for Isa to trust me with her daughter it felt as if I had just been granted a retrial, ( if you studied law you would know how hard is it).

I chocked with my coffee, "What? Seriously?" I said in disbelief "Yes, really. Here are all the numbers, the instructions to find pretty much anything you might need, I am gonna put her to bed for her first nap, the nanny should be here by the time Adeline wakes up, if she wakes up earlier you can play with her but do not let her fall asleep again or she won't sleep at night. Her bag is packed, also her bottles. She might cry when she wakes up pick her up and bounce her, and lastly DON'T FORGET TO BURP HER" she explained.

Isa Thompson was freaking out, I could sense it, " Ok, don't worry. Calm down, take a deep breath" I reassured her.

Once she had calmed down she got her jacket, bag, key and stood in front of the door "I am going.." she hesitated, I grabbed her by the arm causing her to lean on me and then kissed her.

I tightened my embrace to her body, as our lips brushed against each other, I couldn't control myself I had waited enough for another kiss from those lips. As she stopped to catch her breath I kept kissing her soft skin.

" I... Should go" she forced herself to say "Oh, yes, have a nice day" I murmured awkwardly, just like that she was gone not before kissing Adaline though.

I was not particularly into the whole parenting thing, but I would just figure it out as me and Isa would have started having kids, which I hoped to be very soon, Adaline not being her biological child, made it harder, technically speaking they were not related at all, and yet I had somehow to prove myself to her as well. I just wished we got together before she adopted her.

The situation reminded of my parents, when my father cheated on my mother and brought home Lalita, my mother felt undeniably humiliated and betrayed, as a married woman, having you husband cheating you was an heinous thing but having him bring home the fruit of such relationship in the form of a child was another kind of pain, if she had not always wanted a daughter, and had not had my father's blood in her veins, it would have only felt like torture, having to raise her. At least Isa hadn't slept with anyone.