Chapter fourteen: Do you love me Sir?

Then it was time to go home, since Aaron was staying with us for the time being I didn't really know how to behave. Usually the guy leaves the girl in front of her house but not before kissing her. YES I KNOW I MAY HAVE WATCHED TOO MANY ROMANTIC MOVIES.

Anyway we pulled up and Aaron suddenly longed to unbuckle my seatbelt, having him so close still had two opposite effects on me: in one hand I wanted to kiss him, in the other hand I felt scared he was gonna hurt me. "I had fun tonight" he smiled genuinely, then kissed my cheek, right then I crushed my lips against his.

Aaron responded to the kiss, our lips danced together just like two experts dance a tango, I was slowly getting comfortable with it, when his hands travelled down to my thighs... I must have tensed because Aaron stopped "Did I hurt you? Did I do something wrong?" " I... No, it's not your fault. I just... Am a little cold, we should go inside" I lied senselessly.

What was I supposed to say "Hey sorry, I am a virgin for religious reasons, and would like to keep it that way". There was no way I was going to do that the church girl and virgin girl's pills were too sour to swallow together. "Oh, yes we should go inside" he seemed in trance maybe confused by my signals.

Once inside I put Adaline in her crib, since Rajiv had occupied the inflatable mattress Aaron had to sleep in Addy's room on the floor, unless Rajiv was going to come back. "I can totally sleep on the floor, don't worry" Aaron stared at the king size bed where I was going to sleep. "No! I mean there's no need to do so now that..." "That what? Now that we're girlfriend and boyfriend is that what you were going to say?" He joked poking my arm. I suddenly felt so timid, I couldn't even face him.

"You are cute when you play the shy girl" he said hugging my waist "I am not playing shy, you... Just" Aaron interrupted me by nibbling my lips, as he leaned in I fell on the bed and him with me. I had set up Addy's room to accommodate him as Adaline was known to enjoy sleeping in the crib in my room, "Go to bed now" I pushed him from behind, to avoid him interlocking his arms with mines, he resisted a while but still did so, after brushing my teeth and changing I laid down still incredulous as to what had happened.

"Hey sleepyhead" someone said blowing in my face, by the way I was awaken I knew it was Aaron, Rajiv had this traumatising and rude way of waking me up that kept me up two hours before it was even time ( if you are not a morning person you'll understand, that is a big deal).

As I slowly opened my eyes I was met with one of the most beautiful face (after Adaline's) Aaron's. "Hi" I greeted him cleaning my drool, "Did you sleep well? I made you some coffee" Aaron handed me a cup of hot coffee, "Thanks, what time is it?" I asked searching for my watch and glasses. Once I found them I wore them , drank my coffee and closed myself in the bathroom to wash up.

Aaron's pov

"Come on, you only have thirty minutes left. Your mommy is always late" complained Rajiv bouncing Adaline on his hip. I liked the relationship between Rajiv and Isa, not only because he was gay and had no chance of being attracted to Isa but also because it felt genuine.
The way he would scold her for being so messy or eating too much or snoring and the way he knew how to console her without having to see her, it was just amazing.

"Hey, Aaron can you grab me a new diaper please" Rajiv was trying to keep a half naked Adaline away from the couch. " Here it is, I am ready we can go" Isa got out from her room, dressed.

As soon as we arrived at the hospital we got busy, "Income 50 years old, male he was working in renovation site when he slipped trying to gain balance he held onto some metal bars which ended up in him falling an those bars falling on him, we got several fractures, some broken ribs, a broken leg and and arm. He's stable now!" The paramedics shouted getting him out.

" I am on it" took over Isa "Let's move on my count... One, two, three" she announced proceeding fast, " Mr. Lundell, We are gonna take care of you" she reassured him holding his hands, " Let's get an x-ray, and also an ultrasound". As she suspected there was an internal bleeding, which had to be stopped before treating his bones.

"Thompson, Dixon, You are with me, get ready to scrub in" Dr. Wilson a Resident doctor said. Isa was excited about every surgery she managed to do.

At the end of the shift I went to the change room to get my clothes before going, as I took off my scrub Isa entered, stretching her arms in the air "What a day!" She yawned to herself. She hadn't realized I was there so I hid and surprised her from behind, I made the biggest mistake ever because I was instantly attacked and pushed to the wall with her not- so little arm around my throat.

"Ugh, Aaron it's you what were you doing in the dark? You scared the beep out of me..." " Can you let me go now?" I asked still being chocked. "Oh, yes sorry, I a m really sorry, but you can't do, that like ever again." Isa started to caress my skin to check if she had left me some marks, so I took advantage of it "You're so sexy when you do that" I complimented her kissing her cheek, I tried to hug her but her reaction was stunning "Could you please... No, stop, I don't... I don't like it" she protested getting nervous.

Do you ever realise that some small gestures that people do to show affection you find particularly weird, unnecessary and even perceive them as harassment? Well that was my case: African households, at least the old class ones are not accustomed to show affection, also is viewed as disrespectful to do so in front of your elders, therefore it's also not that easy to show love to children, I had grown so used not to be shown affection in a physical way that I felt molested the first time, my mother hugged me, contrary to what she would willingly admit she was not someone who showed affection with physical contact, except for the beatings (if you can call them sign of affection). I hated it, and often tended to shield myself fearing she would hit me.

Learning to show affection with physical contact was one of the hardest thing I had to do by myself growing up.