Chapter ten: Blind dates?!

Isa's pov

The next morning, Rajiv woke up first had a shower, got dressed, prepared breakfast, took the kids out of their bed, changed their diapers and brought in my bed Adaline and Belle.

"Good morning" said sipping a cup of coffee, "What time is it?" I began trying to get out of the bed without waking up Edward, "it's 8:45" announced passing me my glasses. I got ready for the day and then sat at the table with Rajiv.

"One of your aunt called..." "Oh gosh!" I knew what it was about the blind dates " When?" "Today at lunch, at a restaurant he texted you the address" articulated Rajiv, smiling " Stop enjoying yourself so much" I spatted getting the girls bottles ready " Sorry I can't control myself" he answered.

My aunties kept setting these stupid blind dates for me when I had no intention on getting married, and no guts to say no to them, it was their way of looking out for me in their own traditional ways. How was I supposed to tell my african and extremely traditional aunties that I had no intention of getting married? Also I might have omitted Adaline's adoption, I preferred to present her directly instead of announcing my intention of adopting, they were not bad people just a tiny bit narrow minded.

"Come, Edward hai dormito bene?" (did you sleep well?) I chirped picking him up, I started to bounce him till he was fully awake he then went to the bathroom and got himself ready. The girls were the last ones to get up, "Good morning" said Rajiv picking them both.

After all of us were ready we left Edward to preschool and stopped to Rajiv's place " Can't you come with me?" I complained leaving to go out for the date "No I can't, you know that, your aunties will come looking for me" he said.

Once I arrived at the restaurant I saw a man seated looking around, luckily Adaline was sleeping, so I proceeded with my plan.

" Hi,nice to meet you I'm Isa" I greeted him, he stood up adjusting himself, " Hi, I am Nathaniel..." he paused looking at Adaline "So should we order?" I began " Oh I already did" he said smiling.

If there was something that could get me mad instantly was people making choice for me, once the waiter arrived with a bottle of wine, Nathaniel tried to verse some in my glass " I don't drink" I admitted blocking him, " Oh come on just a glass, is one of the finest" he kept insisting " I Know that's why I would have preferred for you to ask me if I drink first" FIRST STRIKE.

"So tell me about you, what is your job?" I asked, after a ten minutes of non stopping talking, or better boasting he stopped. "So I don't know what my aunt might have told you, but I am actually not looking for someone to date, I could never be a obedient and submissive wife, all I want are kids and as you can see I already have that" I sassied tired of blind dates, SECOND STRIKE.

As I was standing up he grabbed my arm " Wait!" I have always hated to be touched in any way, so right then I grabbed his harm and twisted back I could have broke it but I didn't " I don't like to being touched" I spatted angrily, THIRD STRIKE, and OUT.

I then grabbed Adaline's carseat and walked away.

Survival Notion number one: if I had ever wanted to date , I was never to date someone older than 6 years the age gap, for me seemed a strain to a potential relationship.

Survival Notion number two: never trust your aunties blind dates; despite their pure intentions, you might get yourself a mama's boy, or a hateful mother in law, or a psycho, or a mentally stable man, all because your aunties never actually knew all these men, they were just introduced to them as well. It is true that through dating you get to know someone, but I find the risk of someone with bad intentions.

Survival Notion number three: never date within your workplace, it will complicate things, and even make things akward.

Survival Notion number four: never date nor fall in love with your friends

Having my rules set up, beats me how I could do the exact opposite.