Chapter fourty two: Labor pains

Aaron's pov

When I was little, I hated being little, not understanding the adults' world, not being able to be a part of it, being underestimated just because of my age, everything about it angered me.

Adulthood was for me a forbidden fruit, that wasn't to be eaten until a certain period, because it could poison some people.

As for me I think I witnessed how poisoning it was when I realized how my entire school system worked siding with bullies, depending on families' status.

I initially didn't know how it was possible that no one ever asked or did something about Cody being bullied, then paying more attention I noticed we weren't the only case, which put me in distress.

As me and Addy were walking out from the hospital, Addy started to encourage me "It's okay daddy, you'll do great" she patted me on the cheek.

I called everyone and asked my parents to drop the groceries home since Isa wasn't to give birth anytime soon. My hands were trembling as I held Addy's waiting for her aunt (Lexi) to come and get her.

Since she had told me she was gonna be late, because of traffic I brought Addy inside to wait in the room with Isa, her brother had just left, probably not wanting to see me, leaving a note he would back in a while and flowers and chocolates.

After recollecting myself I re-entered Isa's room, there she was "Sorry" I apologized sitting down next to her she didn't say anything she just kept her eyes shut and gritted her teeth waiting for the contraction to pass.

"Hi" she greeted breathlessly once the pain was gone, I took out a towel and dried the sweat cold on her face then tied her braids in a high ponytail. "Adaline?" "Lexi's nanny will take her, she also brought us some food" I stood up to go grab it but Isa grabbed my arm tight and demanded something I had been waiting for her to say "Stay. I'm scared".

So I laid on the mini sofa next to her, and fell asleep. I woke up only when Piper came in to check on her dilatation; holding Isa's hand was Rajiv "Looks like we are ready to push" Piper commented smiling, easy for her to say when she's not the one that has to do so I thought.

Isa was transferred in delivery room.

"Did you bring the blood?" she managed to blurt out while enduring another contraction, Rajiv, nodded showing her a whole box.

Isa's pov

I was more than tired I was exhausted breaking in sweat, I clenched my fist around Aaron's hand, Rajiv was still in the delivery room, I felt more secure with him near, and of course the blood bags he had with him.

Being anaemic I had put aside a bag, of my own blood each three months for almost my entire youth, I was O+ group so I could really donate to anybody.

"Ok, Isa. I need you to push when you feel another contraction" Penelope said in a stern voice.

I laughed bitterly, "I can't, I Don't know how to do this. Please leave me alone. It hurts, it hurts please" I begged losing my mind.

"Ay, no, lasciatemi in pace" I huffed, drained, as it hadn't been that bad already people were touching me while I was sweting which I could not stand.

No one had told me about the pain, I was gonna feel, I felt betrayed and wronged; I wanted someone to take it away, I wanted numbness, "Shhhh, Isa you need to push now, the baby's is set to come out. Don't you wanna meet our little boy?" Aaron also did his best to convince me, but I couldn't, the fact that he romanticised it, made me want to hurt him.

After seconds, I ignored the nurses and doctors in the room, the bright light pointing at me, and let the darkness took over me.

Aaron's cold hands were holding my face while he talked, I just stared at his face and just seeing his smile as he said "You're doing great". With that I pushed till the baby was out, and delivered the placenta. In the corner of the room a full on crying, nose running, on his knees, Rajiv could be seen, IF DRAMA WAS A PERSON, IT WOULD BE RAJIV PRASAD.

The second, we heard the baby's cry, Aaron crumbled to the ground, sobbing holding to the bed, "It's a baby" he stated. Oh, damn! I think it is. I thought sarcastically, he kept crying while the nurses checked on the baby, weighed him, and wrapped him in a blanket, while they did so the doctor stitched my vagina together.

Now among all that chaos and my personal misery being torn by the inside, I looked at this baby as they put him on my chest, and he was.... Undeniably not a pleasure to the sight: he was all scroungy, skin folded, clenching fist (as to start a fight) and opening his mouth as wide as he could to emit that god forsaken sound I would be hearing for the next 3 moths or so.

Like dude, why are you crying you just broke my vagina, coming out, and yet you are the victim??

Once they were done, the staff and Rajiv left me and Aaron alone and , "Sorry, I... Shouldn't have.. lost it. It's just, this just seems so surreal. We made a baby" "Well, yeah. That's what happens, when you have unprotected sex while ovulating, it's this or some gross type of STDs. An between us, this is so much better"
"Really?" "No, man come on. Our baby literally torn apart my vagina".

Right then, the baby started to whine, "He must be hungry. Hey, big boy. I know, you must be hungry, shall we have a taste of today's speciality?" Aaron voice had suddenly got soothing, hearing what he had said I wished I had enough force to slap him in the back of his head.

He picked up our son and passed him to me, the baby kept shifting uncomfortable in my arms, Aaron instructed me on how to properly hold him; "Do you want me to leave?" he asked not knowing how to behave, "Yes, please"

I uncovered my breast, and helped the baby latch onto it, once he had gotten the hang of it, he started to eat greedily with a mad face on. It was weird, painful, and relieving at the same time.

The most beautiful sight, my eyes had been laid upon, my milk engorged three times bigger boobs, little did I know they would have not lasted. I miss those baddies.

I was not expecting what came afterwards at all, he was... Ugly, I mean his face was all scrunched up, held his tiny arms around his face like he wanted to scare somebody. I laughed "Almeno uno dei due, si sta godendo la vita" (At least one of us is enjoying himself) I grabbed his tiny hands with already grown fingernails, no matter how many times I had studied the development of a foetus in a womb, I was still surprised.

When they transferred in my room, Rajiv was there waiting for me, "Oh my goodness, he is so tiny" he exclaimed seeing him, up close, "Here hold him" Rajiv started to cry while holding my baby, "Stop crying, or else I will cry too" "How? You had a whole baby" he remarked, within seconds I too bailed out my eyes, "I thought I was going to die" I voiced my fear, "You did a great, job, he is not even that ugly" complimented me Rajiv.