Chapter thirty one: The silken girl

Aaron's pov

When I was five years old, I caught my brother Cody playing with a doll, when I asked him what he was doing he said he was playing with his doll, as if it were "normal", When I asked him if I could play with it he refused saying it was his, to play and protect.

Just now that I am older I realize that playing with that doll must've been his will to be protected, from what I didn't know at the time, but he did.

Seeing the same protective and possessive behaviour with Isa made me curious about her reasons.

"Whose daughter are you?" Isa asked proud, "Mamma" Adaline shouted pointing at Isa, "That's right, you're my daughter. I love you so much" Isa then engulfed Adaline in a big hug, Rajiv hugged the both of them.

I just stood in a corner trying to find out what was Isa so afraid about. That night as I sat down on the sofa in her flat and Isa was busy with Adaline in her room, Rajiv told me something
"She's her silken girl, you're just her old coat, watch out. She has been in the cold before, if you dare to hurt her baby she won't hesitate to throw you out..." He yawned. What he had said gave me goosebumps, HOW WAS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?? Rajiv talked about stuff like that as if it was not a big deal which scared me more.

I really wanted to father Adaline, if it meant I could finally call Adaline mine, I didn't know it could cost me my relationship with Isa. I know I had fucked up many things in life, but this one was one of the few I was to determined to do. When Isa was done putting down Addy, she laid in the bed next to Rajiv.
Not before bidding me a goodbye.

Isa's pov

While watching my precious baby falling asleep, my heart ached only at the thought of someone hurting her. I feared not being able to keep her safe, deep down I knew that eventually I would have let experience the world, but I wanted her to do so without being broken... Is that impossible??

As Adaline held tightly my finger to make sure I wouldn't go anywhere, I realized something: I would have never let Adaline be hurt as I was by the man whose love I never received, my dad. I had forgiven him, but how could I forget the nervousness he caused me, the fear I had of being around him, the sadness he made me feel, how?

Following week

It was one of those lazy days I had just came back from my night shift, Rajiv had gone haunting, so I was revising some old files with Aaron while Adaline was playing.

When she had gotten tired, she started to call my attention so I went to pick her up "that" she whined throwing herself down, Aaron instantly showed up picking her up, "Daddy is here" he kissed her cheek and smiled at me. I was surprised and furious, why would he introduce himself as a fatherly figured when she had so many males in her life Nathan, Rajiv, and one my many cousins, Cole.

"What?" Aaron looked at me innocently, "Don't call yourself that" I corrected him "Let's go Addy, your mommy is scary" he escaped the situation joking. Aaron knew I didn't want Adaline to address him in any way it could cause her to get hurt in case things between us didn't work out, despite that he encouraged her to do so.

Aaron's pov

To say that I had encouraged Adaline to call me daddy or papa for a while is the truth. I really didn't know what was wrong with that. When I went to pick up my baby there standing and glaring was mama Bear, Isa. I tried changing her diaper, but an angry isa snatched her away from me so I just waited for her to be done and gave her some yogurt.

Isa kept being mad at me, all day long. Adaline was playing in the living room, when I tried to approach Isa.

Isa's pov

I laid back on my bed threw my glasses on my night stand and sighed heavily, Aaron tried to touch me but I pushed him away "Come Isa, don't make it a big deal" Aaron snapped at me, I laughed bitterly clenched my fist trying to keep calm, "How could I not? She's my daughter, my little girl, whose problem is gonna be if she gets hurt? If you hurt her? I thought we were clear about this, I thought you understood not to mess with my daughter...".

How could he play the father with Adaline not even knowing if he's going to stick around, or be serious about the role?? "I didn't mean to" " But you did, whenever you encouraged Adaline to call you dad, you let her think you would be her shiny armour no matter what, when you don't even know our relationship is going"

"Don't say that I want you, I want her, I want us to be a family" Aaron objected, he took my face in his hands, and stared at me in the eyes, right then he saw them, the demons he had awaken. That must've scared him because when I took his hands off me he didn't react.

"Stay away from my daughter" I warned him, "Now go" "Come on I-" "Go before I decide to hit so hard you'll lose conscience" I spatted. As Aaron walked away Addy followed him crying for him " Daddy, no, no" she whimpered, I grabbed and rocked her "The only thing I had managed to say was "Mommy is sorry, sorry baby"

I didn't sleep that night, even though my bed was cosy, with my baby in it, and the temperature was quite warm. Just how I liked it, the noises in my head had gotten louder, so despite my tiredness, I didn't dare to sleep, for I knew all my demons would be wanting for me. I escaped from Adaline's grip longing for the one thing that helped me calm my monsters. So I sat in the comfort of silence, with a pen and my note pad.

I let my hand write frenetically as it had its own mind, my hand wrote things that hurt, it freed my demons, it told the things I was afraid of. It scribbled secretly and painfully. My hand started to ache at a certain point, from the pressure on in high speed, I was using. I didn't stop, the pain I was feeling was nothing compared to what I had been enduring.