Chapter thirty two: Ravaged Desire

Three weeks later

Three weeks later

Aaron's pov

I had fucked up the relationship between me and Isa, I felt like sh*t all the time. Then only way to forget about her was having sex with other women, but I wasn't even attracted to them they weren't Isa but it was okay I didn't deserve her.

I heard the bell ring and went to open the door "Wow, you look crappier than usual..." my sister, Lalita said. I ignored her and looked for some coffee in my cabinet, but there was nothing "I brought you coffee" she said sitting on my kitchen counter.

I was about to grab one cup when she slapped my hand away, "Ouch! What was that for?" I winced "That's hers" she emphasized, referring to Isa, "She's not here" I stated sadly; "What?Why? Did you guys fight? If you did why does this flat smell like wild sex?" she bombarded me with questions and I really didn't want to explain myself.

"Anyway, in few days is gonna be my birthday, mom and dad gave me permission to throw a party I want you to invite her", she said looking around my apartment, and opening some windows.

She waited for me to finish my shower, "Why would I invite her, if we broke up?" I was so not in the mood to argue with anyone especially Isa, "Because you always mess up, and she seemed a nice and genuine person" she replied sheepishly.

Lalita knew how much I loved her, even though we were half brother and sister she knew the moment she had come into my life she had been considered family. "So...?" she waved her hand in front of my face, "ok, I will do it"

At the hospital I almost never bumped into Isa, so I told Rajiv to tell her on my behavior, I really hoped she would have come.

Hours passad after her shift but I didn't hear anything from her or Rajiv.

Lalita's party day

Isa's pov

"So?" I said to Rajiv as he finished telling me about the party, "What do you mean with that? It's a great opportunity to go outside, meet new people , relax bit..." "And see Aaron" I knew what he was trying to do but it wasn't working at all.

"I go out, I go to the gym, I pick up Addy from daycare or Lexi's and go to the grocery store, does that not count?" I clarified. Rajiv sighed heavily, and looked at me "The process will be less difficult if you would go out more, don't just focus on him, try to meet new people and forget him".

The healing process, he was right, "I'll stay with Addy, you go and have fun". "I don't even know what to wear...." I complained opening my wardrobe, "Just, put on a jumper and a pair of jeans you look good in everything" replied Rajiv, that compliment was so unexpected I did not know how to react.

I did as I was told, put on my glasses and a pair of shoes. "You're stalling" Rajiv noticed while repeating the alphabet with Adaline, "No, I am not" I denied firmly. I was stalling, I didn't know what to do, this was my very first party.

I had never been to a proper party, it wasn't one of my thing. The loud music, bodies rubbing to each other, drugs and alcohol every where, I just didn't like it, as a result I was late, one hour and 45 minutes to be exact, I had fallen asleep while trying to get Adaline to take a nap, since she was being fussy.

Once at the party I was welcomed by Lalita, "Hi, you must be Isa, I heard a lot about you, welcome to my party. Can I offer you something to drink?" She smiled widely, "Water, would be fine" I replied "Oh and I got you something" I said handing my gift for her. "Thanks, you're so sweet" she said, "I will open it later".