Chapter twenty five: First date

Aaron's pov

As soon as Isa left, Adaline woke up; "Shh, don't cry. Here let me pick you up" I rushed to her.

Without even noticing it I too, had started to talk to her with that squeaky- high pitched voice that adults use to talk to infants. "It's alright, here let me pick you up. Shh, shh" once I picked her up my nose got hit by an awful smell.

I looked at the font of the smell with a disgusted face and was met by a now smiling Adaline, "Is that you? Ugh, girl don't give me the cute look".

I tried to call Rajiv to ask for help, but he didn't pick up, I tried with Isa but I had no luck with her either, Adaline kept fussing about her poopy diaper, I was officially panicking, I needed to change her, but I didn't know how.

Anyway Rajiv didn't answer, so I did the first thing that came into my mind: turn to the internet. After searching in YouTube "how to change a diaper", two fails Adaline was happy and clean.

After a while I received a call from Nathan's nanny saying that the day-care had closed down for a viral flu virus or something like that, I was too focused on keeping Adaline away from everything that might harm her in any way to pay attention.

"Ood pease,Ood" blabbered Adaline pointing at the kitchen "Right, you should eat... let me see what we have..." as soon as I turned around she started to climb a chair "Oh Gosh! No, we don't do that. You might fall and get hurt and so will I, if your mum finds out" I rushed to her, once I got a hold of her I strapped in her high-chair.

Watching her eating, the slices of apple I had given her made me realize how much similar she and Isa were.

The had the same satisfying, sweet, overwhelming, and nerve-wrecking smile, and appetite, she was so happy she was kicking her feet and dancing while adorably munching on apple slices.

While she was eating I informed isa through a message that the day-care had closed, and she sent me a list of activities to do, with her.

I tried the majority of them, also brought her out to take a walk, at the end of the day I was drained, from running around with Adaline, she had mastered the art of walking and was punishing me for it.

Isa's pov

When I got inside my apartment, I was in awe as I admire what my eyes met: a sleeping Aaron with Adaline on him. Trying not to wake them up I picked up Adaline and brought her to her room, when I went back to cover Aaron he was already awake.

He stared at me with a confused look, "Adaline?" he yawned stretching his arms out, " ...in her crib" I whispered. I then sat next to him, "Thank you for looked after her today, here are some chocolates" I handed him the box trying not to make eye contact.

Aaron took a chocolates from the box, and put it in his mouth, then he gave me one which I gladly accepted. I rested my hands on my thighs nervously, suddenly Aaron took my hand in his, in that split second I lost myself in his eyes.

I don't know how exactly it happened but before I knew our lips were touching, Aaron deepened the kiss leaning towards me more and more till we were basically laying on the sofa. As I took a break from our kiss I said what took me years of therapy to be able to say " I... Like you, but I don't know how to do this... The dating game or whatever you wanna call it, so..." "Shh, don't worry. Don't worry I will lead you" He kissed my cheek and rested his head on my collarbone.

His breath was tickling me, but still it felt great, I was hungry but he smelled so good, I had to pee but his body on my felt so warm and cosy, so I stayed in that position in silence for few minutes, till my stomach made the most loud noise revealing how hungry I was.

"Sorry, I am really hungry" I murmured awkwardly "Good I am hungry too" he said standing up, Aaron proceeded towards the kitchen while I checked on Adaline. "Are you awake?" I picked her up and inhaled her scent, "Bella di mamma" (Mommy's beauty). Babies have this nice and comforting smell, it made me calm, "Mamma" pronounced correctly Adaline, "Hai visto che la mamma e' tornata" (Mommy, is back, you see), her hands grabbed a handful of my braids, I as well passed my hand through her now fuller hair.

It was dinner time so we decided to go out, I let Aaron choose where to, 'cause I didn't really care, so he brought us in some fancy restaurant, "Woa, we are eating here?" I gasped "Yeah, I thought our first date should be in somewhere fancy..." he guessed. FIRST DATE??!! "I thought we agreed on taking it slowly" I said quite perplexed "I know but I wanted to start well, so that I could gain some extra points" he claimed "Okay".

"So... You told me this is your first time doing this, what about we get to know each other playing a game" he proposed as we waited for the waiter to take our orders "Truth or dare, I'll start. I choose truth" "Why do you like me?" "Oh wow let's see, I like you because you're weird, I like you because you're silent and loud, I like you because you're cute, and funny and you don't like pretending to be someone you're not, I like you because of the atmosphere, that you create to make everyone comfortable and because your smile makes my heart beat fast" he listed out.

To say I was surprised by his answer is nothing, sure I would think of myself as funny, and strong but hearing it from him was just amazing.

" Did I shock you?" Aaron asked "kinda...". The rest of the dinner was just us taling about our cultural differences and how they have impacted us, until the goddess Adaline grew tired, fussing about so I took her out of the high chair and sat her on my laps, once there and cuddled with her blanket and a chunk of my braids, she fell asleep.