Chapter fourty three: Pelvis who? Sorry you got the wrong address

Isa's pov

I looked down at that tiny alien, enjoying his second meal in the "outside world". His skin was wrinkly and his little eyes still closed, I listened to him squirming trying to figure out how to use his arms, then he slowly started to open his eyes, one at the time.

"Hey, there" I laughed crying, "Are you done?" I asked as he shifted his head from my nipple, he started to whine "Uhm, I guess not... Here let me help you" I talked to him as if he could understand. I helped him re-latch to my breast, content with it he smirked or kinda...

"I guess you're a foodie just like me" I said to myself. Few minutes later Aaron came back with my food, "I brought you your food. We have lentils for some iron, some beef, and before you say anything, I know you don't usually eat that kind of meat but it has a lot of protein in it. Then we have some rice and broccoli; if you finish most of it, you can have the dessert" he said taking out the food.

"Finally I was starving" I admitted wiping my tears, "He's almost done... I hope" I said to Aaron, but even after a while the baby wasn't ready to stop eating.

Aaron's pov

Right after birth, Isa started to question the doctor and nurses about our baby, she knew the baby might have minor problems, such as undeveloped lungs, but thank God he was chubby and healthy.

After the usual check-up, we were left alone with the baby, I still wanted to cry, thinking about how lucky we were with him, I still wanted to cry.

As the baby started to whine signalling he was hungry, Isa picked him up; I helped her to settle on the right position to breastfeed him, so that both her and the baby were comfortable.

And as a man, I fear I do not know how to describe such a joy, fulfilment of heart to be enough for a lifetime, but that, that is what it was: I silently and discreetly observed my girlfriend study our baby while breastfeeding him.

Our baby was such a good eater so being lunchtime, I went to grab something for Isa. Once I came back the baby was still eating, "Finally, I was starving" Isa smiled tilting her head back a bit.

Seeing the baby still wanting to eat I proposed to feed her instead, which being really hungry she agreed to. The smile on Isa lips was the same plastered on the baby's face after he was done eating.

"Our baby has dimples!" Half- shouted Isa happily, "Are you that happy?" I asked, Isa had me sitting in the bed next to her, Isa nodded.

"Stop, crying. You're gonna make me cry" she then scolded me, "I'm trying...".

"What do you think about Ezra Hopkins?" I suggested, Isa repeated repeated it a few times and nodded her head "Ezra Mikhail, it is then"

The rest of the day, we had visits by my siblings and their whole families, before that though, Rajiv had taken Adaline to meet her little brother, "Hi, mommy"

Isa's pov

"Hi mommy" Adaline greeted me as she was placed next to me in the bed, my body still cried at the pain I had yet to numb in my pelvis, it was similar to nothing I had experienced, Aaron had left to give a lift to his parents, "Dov''e Mio fratellino?" (Where is my little brother?) she searched frenetically, Rajiv came back from the neonatal care with him, "Here he is" "Say hi" Rajiv passed me Ezra, looking at him, Adaline eyes went wide, she kept smiling at me and going back to observe the strange creature, "Ti piace?" ( Do you like him?), Adaline smiled widely, nodding, "He comes home, with us?" "Yes, he is going to come home to live with us" I smirked at her questions, "Mommy, I missed you" she blurted out, instantly sad, "Aw, mommy missed you too" I passed the baby to Rajiv and picked up, Adaline.