Intertwined

It is Y/n's POV.

In this story, you are a member of Itzy.

Y'all this is the last requested chapter of the book. Thank you for supporting this series of one shots.

                                        • • •

The paopu fruit.

It has been said that if two people share one, their destinies become intertwined. They will remain a part of their lives no matter what.

The star shaped fruit is native to Destiny Islands, which is ironic because whoever eats it- will have their destiny tied with the other person.

I remember the first time I ate one. It was unknown to me at the time that the person I shared it with would be apart of me.

We were in high school at the time. She asked me if I wanted to share a paopu fruit with her. Of course, I said yes but I didn't know what it meant to eat it with her.

Come to think of it, she seemed so hopeful for me to say yes, I immediately said yes. I didn't think of it at all.

It wasn't until I was in an interview, did I realize how big it was.

"So, Y/n, in a questionnaire we gave you, you said that you have shared a paopu fruit with someone," The interviewer smirked at me, "Who was the lucky guy?"

I tilted my head in confusion at him, the rest of my group members were shocked, "Why are you all looking at me like that? What's the big deal with sharing fruit with someone?"

"Sharing the paopu fruit with someone means being a part of their life forever," The interviewer explained, "Surely, you have heard of that?"

I blinked and chuckled nervously, "...Huh? That's...That's not real, right?"

"It is real, Y/n," Yeji gently placed her hand on my own.

The interviewer quickly realized how genuine my reaction was and immediately changed the subject, saying that he will cut that part of the interview if I wanted. I was too shook to reply.

It wasn't until we finished the interview and were in our dorm, did the members bombarded me with questions.

"You already ate the fruit with someone?" Chaeryeong questioned.

Lia placed her hands on my shoulders, "And you didn't even know what it meant?"

I shook my head with a pout.

"Was the person you shared it with at least a decent person? You'll probably see them for the rest of your life!" Yuna added.

I looked down at the ground, too overwhelmed.

Ryujin immediately noticed and wrapped her arms around me, "If you have any other questions or just need a shoulder to cry on, you always have us."

Everyone joined in on the hug, making me giggle and relax a little, "Thanks guys."

Later that night, I scrolled through my phone and texted someone, "Can we meet right now? At the park."

My phone dinged immediately, "Of course. I'm going right now."

I pocketed my phone and wore a mask and a black hoodie. I was about to leave the dorm when someone grabbed my wrist.

I turned around to see Chaeryeong, my roommate, "Where are you going?"

"I need to talk to someone," I muttered.