Love Is(n't) Terrible (JI)

Jihyo POV

I gave a fake smile as my 'friends' congratulated me on it being my birthday.

I hate making friends. It's basically a waste of my time and a waste of their time. I do have plenty of time though.

Why?

Well, I was born a vampire. I turn 500 years old today but because I need to keep my identity a secret, I say to everyone that I turn 23.

Everyone easily falls for it because I honestly don't look like an old woman. Being alive for five hundred years made me realize some stuff.

First of all, no one is perfect. I remember spending two hundred years trying to be this 'perfect' girl.

Second of all, I shouldn't make friends with anyone because I'm only going to see them die in the end.

Third of all, forget the second one. Making friends is a good thing because being alone drove me absolutely insane. It's nice to reminisce on what I had rather than what could've been. I do get bitter because I get to spend a limited time with my friends before they pass away.

Fourth of all, other vampires are complete jerks. Seriously, they're so territorial and dramatic. That is why I spend more time with humans than vampires.

Lastly, falling in love is terrible. I remember falling for this one girl who was born around the same time I was, just two years after me. She and I did everything together but she had died before I could confess to her in our teenage years. No one would tell me the cause of her death or why it was a closed casket funeral.

To this day, I still remember what she looked like and how she made me feel. She was the only girl I fell in love with. After she passed, I closed my heart from others.

Y/n L/n, I miss you.

A knock on my door made me snap out of my reminiscing and sigh. I approached my front door and opened it, "Yes?"

Huh. No was here. Except for a box that was beautifully wrapped up. The designs of the box made me smile, fruit. I couldn't help but giggle at the sight of it. Y/n absolutely loved fruit.

I gently picked up the box and eagerly went back into my house to open it up. I bit my lip as I cautiously removed the wrapper. Someone took their time to make it beautiful, so I'll take my time to carefully open it.

After getting the wrapper off, I let out a deep breath and pulled the top of the box open. I gasped as I saw what was inside. It was a doll. A scary looking one.

The same doll that I had given to Y/n on her tenth birthday.

Wow. I cannot believe dolls looked this terrible in the 15th century. I mean seriously, if this doll didn't hold a special place in my heart- I would throw it away.

But where did it come from? Who sent it? I looked into the box to see an envelope with a letter in it.

"Happy birthday! This is my first gift to you. My second one should be given to you near midnight. Hopefully you'll respond well to it! Until then, I hope you enjoy your birthday,  Jisso.
                          ~Anonymous."

How the heck does this person know my real name? I changed it after my one hundredth birthday. I took hold of the doll and hugged it tightly against me.

Because of my doll, this is honestly one of the best birthdays I've had. The only other birthdays that were at the top of my list were the ones I spent with Y/n. Having this doll here makes me feel like I'm carrying a piece of her with me.