Frozen in Time (DY)

In which the room you are in freezes in time when your soulmate is in the same room.

Dahyun POV

I walked in a mask and hoodie to my destination. The Hideout. The name of my absolute favorite cafe. I didn't want anyone from school to recognize me, I hate the awkward confrontation.

I opened the doors hearing the familiar ring and was greeted with the strong scent of coffee with a slight hint of vanilla. I made my way over to the booth I usually sit at and observed the cafe.

It was dark outside so the Cafe's dim lights were on creating a very rustic yet comfortable atmosphere. There wasn't a lot of people here at this time which makes it even better. I listened to the calming music that filled the cafe.

I usually come to this cafe in the morning so I didn't see any familiar workers at this time. It was a nice change in pace from the rush in the morning.

"Excuse me?" I heard someone speak to me.

I looked to my left and saw one of the workers smiling at me. I smiled back even though he couldn't see it because of my mask, "Yes?"

"Would you like more time or are you ready to order?" He asks holding a little notepad.

"I would like a hot chocolate with extra whip cream please," I ordered.

"Coming right up," He grinned.

"Thank you..." I cocked my eyebrow.

"Oh my name is Jimin," He introduced himself.

I nodded my head, "Thank you Jimin."

"No problem," He smiled before going behind the register to make my drink.

I turned my attention to the window next to me. It had started raining. I smiled, I love the rain. It easily lulled me to sleep and had a calming nature about it. The music wasn't that loud so I could hear the raindrops outside.

I noticed some people running to get away from the rain. I giggled as they did so. Didn't they know that running in the rain would very much result in slipping and falling?

I noticed one person in particular in a hoodie and mask like me running in the direction of the cafe. I tilted my head at the person. There was just something about them.

A steaming hot cup of chocolate was placed in front of me, "Your hot coco madam," Jimin grinned.

"Thank you," I chuckled.

Jimin excused himself and went to go check how the other customers were doing. I took off my mask and hoodie, taking a sip of hot coco.

Mmmm.

I love hot chocolate. I hummed to myself as I took another sip. The doors to the cafe were almost thrown open by the same person I saw running here. I tilted my head at them.

It was obviously a girl. I can tell she was flustered with everyone staring at her. She looked down at her feet before walking over to the booth next to mine.

I noticed everyone still had their gaze fixated on the entrance where the girl originally stood. No one seemed to be moving their gaze. In fact, it was almost as if they were frozen.

The only one who didn't seem to be frozen would be both me and the girl. Even Jimin was unmoving. In the back of my head I knew what this meant but my last two braincells were used taking a test earlier. I was still confused.

The girl was busy looking down at her table, still embarrassed.

Deciding to take it upon myself, I took my things and approached her. I cleared my throat, "May I sit here?"