A Game of Hot and Cold (JI)

In which the farther you are away from your soulmate, the colder you feel. And the closer you are to you soulmate, the hotter you feel.

Jihyo POV

I was shivering intensely. I hate how far away from me my soulmate is. All of my life I've had to wear big jackets and multiple layers of clothes to not feel as cold.

Then again I suppose my soulmate feels just as cold as I am.

Then again who knows? She might just be one city away from me.

I was in the gym working out. Trying to feel some sort of heat in my body but I'm just shivering as I sprint full speed on the treadmill.

I kept running for 10 straight minutes before I was exhausted. I was sweating but I was still cold.

Stupid coldness.

I turned off the treadmill and decided to go home.

....

I opened the front door and was immediately greeted by the members of Twice.

"Hi Unnie!" Chaeyoung greeted, "how was your workout?"

I smiled softly at her and replied, "It was pretty good. I'm going to go take a shower."

I left them and went to the bathroom. I was honestly starting to lose hope in finding my soulmate. Tears started to gather in my eyes.

No. What am I doing? I will find my soulmate. I need to be patient.

But for how long? I'm already 23.

All the negative thoughts came crashing down on me. I tried to stop them but they just came back.

I took a deep breath in. Calm down, calm down.

I need to relax. I turned on some music and stepped into the shower.

-------

I yawned as I got settled into my bed. Chaeyoung and Mina walked into my room earlier and hugged me.

They told me they heard me crying in the bathroom and see if I wanted to talk. I let it all out and explained to them why I was crying. Both gave me words of encouragement and cheered me up.

Those two are lucky they are each other's soulmate.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Morning-

Someone kept poking my face, trying to wake me up. "Just 5 more... Hours." I murmured, sleepily.

"Jihyo! We're going to be late for our photoshoot." Nayeon exclaimed into my ear.

Photoshoot? What photosh-
Oh crap!

I jumped out of bed and hurriedly changed into lazy wear clothes. The studio said they already have our clothes ready for us.

I rushed into the bathroom and did my morning routine in 3 minutes.

I put on my shoes and ran to the front door. The members of Twice were looking at me in astonishment, "Wah Unnie, you got ready in 6 minutes!" Chaeyoung stated.

"No time, we're going to be late!" I ran outside with the other members at my heels.

We jumped into our van and started driving to the studio.

"Unnie? You're not wearing any jackets or anything..." Tzuyu said.

I looked down and realized she was right. I didn't feel cold at all actually! Does this mean.... My soulmate is near!