Telepathic (TY)

Trigger warning: Talks of abuse.

Y/n POV

I am a telepath.

I can hear what goes on in other people's minds. There have been instances where I wish I wasn't a telepath and others I was glad I was one.

You see, having the ability to see into other people's minds or reading them can sometimes be overwhelming. There have been times where I cried myself to sleep after hearing a certain thought from a stranger passing by.

Like, just yesterday I was passing by a homeless man and the only thing he repeated in his head was 'My parents were right. I am a failure.' It hit me very hard knowing that there are just no happy endings for some people.

My power is one I wish no one ever has to have. There are mentally scarring things you can read from a person's mind that can affect you greatly.

There was one particular case where I wish I will never encounter again.

I had just gotten off of work and went inside my apartment to start studying when I got a migraine. Not just any migraine. It was the type of migraine that hurt so much that you would choose death over it.

What caused my migraine was what made me worry.

It was the loudest internal screaming of 'someone help me' I've ever heard coming from the room next to me. It belonged to my neighbor and her newfound boyfriend.

Without a second thought, I left my room and banged on my neighbor's door. The internal screaming I heard ceased and soon enough, my neighbor's boyfriend opened the door with a fake smile.

"May I help you?" He questioned in an overly sweet tone.

"Yes," I returned his fake smile, "May I speak with Tzuyu real quick? I seriously need help with my studies."

"Just a moment," He answered before closing the door.

I patiently waited and the door opened once again to reveal Tzuyu and her boyfriend. Tzuyu looked at me in relief and said, "You needed help with something?"

"Yes. It's about our Psych assignment," I sighed, "I don't understand a thing. I wanted to ask for your help but I can see that your boyfriend is here. I don't mean to bother-"

"Oh no," Her boyfriend quickly interrupted, "I was just leaving actually. I'll see you later, babe."

He kissed Tzuyu on the cheek, gave me a smile and left.

I inwardly smirked as he left. For some reason when other girls are around, boyfriends try to act all nice and amazing. I always can get my friend's boyfriend to leave whenever I want. It's a game of guilt usually.

"So, about the Psych assignment," Tzuyu questioned, "What'd you need help with?"

"It's better if you come over to see," I replied.

"Okay," She immediately agreed and followed me to my room.

As soon as she entered, I locked the door behind us and crossed my arms.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Tzuyu questioned nervously.

'Does she know?' I heard Tzuyu inwardly ask.

I sighed, "Why are you dating him?"

Tzuyu cocked her eyebrow at me, "What do you mean? He's a nice guy."

'When he's not abusing me.'

After hearing that, I straightened my posture and approached her slowly. At this, she moved backwards until her back hit my living room wall, "Tzuyu. You deserve so much more than him."