Midnight Dance (JY)

I smiled softly as I looked up at the moon. There was a slight breeze that made me huddle closer to the body next to me. We were both sitting on the porch, looking up at the darkened sky filled with stars.

There was a small radio just behind us playing some old songs.

A chuckle was heard, "Maybe we should head inside. It's cold out here."

"Actually, do you mind if we stay like this a little longer?" I questioned softly, looking up at Jeongyeon with a pout.

She kissed my cheek and wrapped an arm around my body, "I don't mind one bit."

I nuzzled myself into the crook of her neck, both of us looking at the beautiful sky.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw something moving.

"Look!" I jumped up excitedly as I told Jeongyeon, "A shooting star! Make a wish!"

I quickly closed my eyes with a certain thought in my mind. I reopened my eyes to see Jeongyeon already looking at me with a soft smile.

Tilting my head, I questioned, "You already made a wish?"

She tucked some of my stray hairs behind my ear and whispered, "All of my wishes came true when I met you."

A large blush spread across my cheeks as I buried my face in her neck in embarrassment. How was I supposed to respond to that?

She chuckled and kissed my forehead, "I love you."

"I love you too," I mumbled into her neck.

The radio started to play 'Can't Help Falling In Love' by Elvis Presley.

Jeongyeon had a tight yet soft hold around me as I felt myself dosing off. The smell of her strawberry shampoo that I couldn't get enough of, the song in the background guiding me to sleep.

.....

I woke up about ten minutes later to Jeongyeon softly singing into my ear. The radio behind us was switched off.

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you"

I smiled as I heard the sound of her beautiful voice.

"Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you"

I pretended to sleep just to hear more.

"Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be"

"I know you're awake, love." Jeongyeon muttered gently after she sang the verse.

I picked my head up to look at her, "What? How'd you know?"

"I felt you wake up and go still when I started singing," She chuckled.

Chuckling along with her, I shrugged, "I love it when you sing, I wanted to hear more."

She grinned at me and stood up.

I tilted my head at her in confusion.

She started singing again, holding her hand out to me, "Take my hand."

I smiled and took her hand, allowing her to pull me up. It was dark out but the moon shined some light down on us, almost like a spotlight.

We softly slow danced together as she sang.

"Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you"

She slowly twirled me around and brought me back close to her again. I memorized how beautiful she looked in the moonlight, there was such a soft look in her eyes as she sang to me.

"Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be"

We gently swayed left to right. She kissed my nose and smiled, making me grin back at her.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you"

When she reached the last line, I decided to join her in harmony, "For I can't help falling in love with you."

We leaned into each other and kissed. Like usual, butterflies erupted in my stomach. Pulling away for air, we softly pressed our foreheads together. Our hands were still wrapped around each other.

"Love?" Jeongyeon whispered.

I pulled away lightly to look at her, "Yes?"

"What did you wish for?" She questioned lightly.

I gave her a soft smile, "Honestly? I wish that our relationship will always be like this. I understand we will have our fair share of arguments and stuff but...things like this..."

I gestured to the way we were holding each other close, still somewhat dancing.

"The random dancing and sweeping me off my feet. The butterflies you always give me," I gently smiled and pecked her lips, "I don't ever want it to end."

"It won't," She locked eyes with me, a promise in her eyes, "We made a vow, remember?"

She gestured to the wedding ring on her finger.

I nodded my head as I glanced at my own ring and muttered, "For better, for worse."

"For richer, for poorer," She continued.

"In sickness and in health," I buried my face in her neck again.

"Until death do us part," She tightened her hold around me, giving me some immense warmth.

I wrapped my legs around her, allowing her to carry me, "I am undoubtedly and completely in love with you."

She chuckled and sat back down on the porch with me straddling her, "Good. Because that's exactly how I feel about you."

We stayed like this a bit longer. With my head in her neck, breathing in her scent as Jeongyeon had her arms around me protectively.

The song she sang couldn't be anymore true.

I most definitely cannot help falling in love with you, my Jeongyeon.

-------------

This was requested by someone who wishes to remain anonymous~

Only five more chapter are left! If you have a request, please pm me.

Unedited~