Vertigo (NY) 🍋

Y/n POV

Dizzy.

That's the only way I can describe what I feel when Nayeon looks my way. My head starts spinning and I can no longer focus at my initial task at hand.

It's like I can't stay standing when I'm around her. All she has to do is send a wink or even a wave my way and I feel like falling to the ground.

She's all I can ask for and more.

I remember when she asked me out and the total shock I felt.

"Y/n?" I turned around to see Nayeon.

I looked at her in shock, totally enamored by her presence before smiling, "Hey! Would you like anything to drink?"

We were at The Hideout.

The cafe that my parents own. It was during my usual shift.

"Ah yes," She tucked her hair behind her ears, "I'll have a small vanilla latte."

"Alright," I grinned and rung her up, "That'll be two dollars."

She handed me some cash and waited patiently. I gave her the receipt and started making her drink. I lightly hummed, focused on making the drink.

I looked up and realized that Nayeon was still in front of the register. I worked a bit faster, not wanting to keep my crush waiting. Within a minute, her drink was ready. I hastily gave it to her with a small smile.

She promptly took the drink and thanked me. I nodded my head saying that it was no problem. She took a couple of slurps and looked at me, "This is really good!"

"Oh that's good," I replied, not knowing what else to say.

"I'm going to be honest," She sighed and placed her drink on the counter, "The real reason I came over here is because I wanted to ask you something."

"Alright," I gently smiled and waited for her to speak. My heart beating erratically.

"Okay," She let out a deep breath, "I would like to ask if...if maybe...uhhh."

I looked at her with warm eyes, "Take a deep breath and let it all out."

She followed my instructions and breathed in deeply before quickly stating, "Iwanttoaskifyouwouldliketogooutwithme."

I blinked in shock at how fast she spoke. She looked at me hopefully. I tilted my head, "Uhh. Do you mind running that by me again a bit more slowly?"

She sighed and looked down at her feet, "Would you like to go out with me?"

"Sure," I smiled, "What are we going to do?"

She smiled but then frowned at me, "You don't understand what I'm asking, do you?"

"No. I understand," I chuckled, "You want to hang out, right? How about the mall?"

She shook her head, "I like you, Y/n."

I grinned and replied, "I like you too!"

I didn't even think that she would like me in a more than friends kind of way. She's way out of my league.

She looked at me a bit frustrated, "I'm in love with you."

I froze.

There it was again.

The inability to balance.

She's making me dizzy.

"O-Oh," I stammered out as my head spun.