Noticed (MN)

~Trigger Warning~
Mina x Depressed Reader

Mina POV

I saw her standing there alone.

I wanted to approach her and speak with her but I was too shy. I think she felt someone watching her and turned to meet my gaze. I lightly blushed as she caught me staring at her.

She softly smiled at me and cocked her eyebrow. It seems like she was inviting me to join her. I sheepishly scratched my neck and walked towards her.

"Hi," She grinned.

"Hello," I waved, a blush still on my cheeks.

"My name is Y/n," She introduced herself.

"Oh I know," I blurted out.

She cocked her eyebrow at me once more. My cheeks turned a darker red as I realized what I just said.

I cleared my throat, "I mean... My name is Mina."

"Well," Y/n held out her hand for me to shake, "Nice to meet you, Mina."

"Likewise," I clasped my hand in hers.

"I take it you're new to this school?" She questioned as she adjusted the binder in her hand.

"That obvious?" I took some loose strands of my hair and tucked them behind my ear.

Y/n chuckled, "Only obvious because I remember everyone's faces and I don't recall yours."

"Ah okay," I nodded.

"Let me show you around," Y/n grinned as she locked arms with me with her free hand.

And thus was a start of a beautiful friendship.

Y/n and I became best friends and maybe a little more than that. We were basically inseparable. Our teachers didn't really like it when we group up together because loud noises were expected as a result.

I guess you could say that we were somewhat popular. Y/n would joke around and say that I caught a lot of people's attention because of my beauty. To which I would blush and lightly hit her in response.

Sometime during the second semester of school though, Y/n acted differently. Others might not have noticed but I definitely did. She showed up late to classes and her smiles never matched her eyes.

To say I was worried would be an understatement.

As of right now, Y/n is yet again running late. I frowned as I entered my homeroom class and sat down in my seat. The bell rang signifying that class has officially started.

"Mina?" Jeongyeon whispered, "Where's Y/n?"

"I think she's running late again," I whispered back.

"Students. I'm sure you heard the bell ring. No talking while I'm teaching," Our homeroom teacher glared at Jeongyeon and I.

Jeongyeon glared back at our teacher and scoffed under her breath.

The sound of running footsteps came from outside the classroom. I perked up and hoped that it was Y/n.

It was.

Under our doorway was Y/n breathing heavily, "I'm so sorry for being late."

"Detention," Our teacher sighed, "Go to your seat."

Y/n frowned and sat down in her seat. She smiled as she made eye contact with me, I smiled back. There were bags under eyes. They weren't that noticeable but I looked very closely and identified them.