Butterflies (MI)

Y/n POV

"She's so beautiful!" Chaeyoung gushed.

"So you say constantly," I muttered.

Both of us were sitting down on a park bench.

"I don't understand why you don't want to see her," Chaeyoung sighed.

"She's just the princess," I shrugged, "I'm sure she is very beautiful but I don't really want to associate myself with the royal family because of her mother."

"The Queen?" Chaeyoung questioned, "You have an issue with our queen?"

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I do." I crossed my arms.

"What do you have against her?" Chaeyoung confusedly asked.

"It's personal," I firmly answered.

Chaeyoung sighed, "It's your loss, really. Princess Mina is outrageously gorgeous."

"But is she gorgeous on the inside?" I asked with a raised brow.

Chaeyoung opened her mouth but promptly closed it before opening it again, "You know I can't answer that because I haven't gotten to know her."

"Then can you really call her beautiful?" I locked eyes with Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, "I think you're just being salty because everyone else in the kingdom has seen her except you."

"That's because I've been avoiding her and her family," I argued.

"Riiight," Chaeyoung chuckled, "Whatever you say. I often see you listening to details about our princess's looks. If you're that curious, then look at her."

"No," I stubbornly replied.

Silence ensued after.

"Have you found your soulmate yet?" I softly changed the subject.

Chae shook her head, "No. Sometimes I think that I'll never find my soulmate. I haven't seen a single butterfly."

"Me neither," I sighed, "Maybe we're just destined to be single."

Chaeyoung lightly hit me, "Don't jinx us!"

I chuckled, "Sorry."

"Would you look at that?" Chaeyoung pointed out to a man running after a butterfly.

"He's going to find his soulmate," I whispered as we watched him.

The butterfly was flying at a fast pace.

On the opposite end of the park, we saw a girl running after her own butterfly. Both of them were too busy keeping an eye on their butterflies that they ran right into each other.

Chae and I watched in slight awe as the man caught the girl in his arms so she wouldn't fall down. They both stared into each other's eyes. I stopped watching as they were about to kiss each other.

I turned my head away and noticed that Chae was still watching them with a hint of jealousy in her eyes. I lightly patted her back, "Don't worry. You'll find your soulmate."

She looked at me and pouted, "I wish it would happen right now. I'm not getting any younger."

I chuckled, "You know what they say, good things come to those who wait."

"I'm fairly certain the person who created that saying was dying inside," Chae deadpanned.

I giggled, "It's almost dark out. I'll walk you home."

"Okay," Chae stood up from the grass we were sitting on and offered me her hand.

I took her hand in mine and she pulled me up. We talked about random stuff as we walked towards her house. When we finally reached her home, it was completely dark out.