Injuries (JY)

Jeongyeon POV

All of us continued to cry.

"Um miss?" I lifted my head up to see the truck driver.

Anger flowed through my veins. I was going to get up and attack him but was held back by Jihyo.

"I just came to tell you that she's currently in recovery. She's going to be fine but it'll take some time for her to get better," He explain.

I looked at Mina to see what he said. Mina was looking at him with wide eyes though and seemed to be frozen.

"Mina?" I called out to her.

Mina shook herself and repeated what he said to us in Korean.

I looked at the driver in shock, "The doctor told us she passed away."

It was the driver's turn to look confused. Mina explained what I said to him.

The driver frowned before realizing the room we were outside of, "Oh! Some other girl had gotten hit by a truck. I was here when they rushed her in but she sadly didn't make it."

I was both relieved and saddened. Poor girl.

"Your friend's room is on the second floor. The first door on your right." The driver continued.

All of us then went on the elevator and made our way to my soulmate's room.

We were right outside her room when a doctor came out, "Hello ladies."

We all nodded our heads at him and waved.

"Are you Y/n's friends?" The doctor asked.

Everyone looked at me, waiting for me to say something. I sighed before I said, "Soulmate."

The doctor's eyes widened, "You're her soulmate??"

I nodded my head.

"My babygirl found her soulmate," the doctor looked proud.

I looked at him in confusion.

"Y/n is my daughter, she gave me quite the heart attack when I saw her being wheeled in here." The doctor softly said.

Mina explained what he said to me before I looked at him in surprise and fear. Is he going to be mad at me because I'm the reason she's in here?

The doctor frowned at me, "What's wrong? Am I that intimidating?"

I looked Mina and said, "Can you explain to him why Y/n is here?"

Mina nodded her head before nervously saying why Y/n was in the hospital. The doctor had a look of anger on his face as he turned to me.

I gulped and waited for him to yell at me.

"Do you perhaps know the name of the company the truck represented?" He asked me.

The driver didn't tell me anything.

I shook my head.

The doctor put his hand on my shoulder, making me jump in fright. "I don't blame you."

I was stunned. Why not? Wasn't it my fault?

He continued to speak, "It wasn't your fault. It was the company of the truck. Believe me, I will have some serious words and maybe even a law suit against them."

The elevator dinged and we turned around to see the truck driver.

I pointed to the man and said, "Driver."