My Demon (MI)

Y/n POV

"Mina," I called, "Come on!"

"I don't wanna," She replied as she continued to hide under her covers.

I sighed and pretended to leave her room. I closed her door shut and watched as she slowly peaked out from under her covers. Once she caught sight of me, she immediately hid again, "I thought you left!"

I chuckled. I swear for a demon, she's awfully cute.

"I hate to burst your bubble but we're already dead. You don't need to sleep," I crossed my arms.

"So?" I heard her mumble, "I'll lay in my bed all I want."

"Mina we need to leave. If we don't show up then they'll replace me with another guardian angel. Do you want that to happen?" I questioned.

There was a few moments of silence until Mina finally rose from her bed. She was grumbling lowly to herself. She walked by me and opened her bedroom door, "You're lucky I tolerate you."

With that, we left to our scheduled appointment.

I'll just fill you in on everything.

I am Mina's guardian angel. Basically, I need to make sure Mina acts well enough to go to Heaven with me. She became a demon because she opted to haunt the guy that murdered her instead of let it go and go to Heaven.

I mean I don't necessarily blame her for it but Heaven has strict rules.

So, I need to help Mina with her tendency to lash out uncontrollably.

Being a demon took a toll on her and she began to haunt anyone that came into sight. It was basically a routine for her. Breaking it was going to take some time.

....

"Mina! Don't!" I exclaimed.

We were walking around Earth and Mina caught sight of the same guy who had murdered her. She immediately went right for him but I held her arm firmly.

"He needs to pay," She whispered lowly and tried to rip my hand away.

"You know the consequences if you do," I muttered firmly in her ear.

Mina struggled against my hold and continued to try to inch her way towards her killer. As a last resort, I pulled her into a tight hug.

She froze in my arms.

"Let it all out on me," I gave her a second option.

I fully expected her to start smacking me or scream at me but she broke down crying. She pulled me closer to her and cried into my neck. I gently hugged her and rubbed her back.

"I'm sorry," She whispered into my ear.

"It's okay," I replied softly.

....

"Mina seems to be acting more civilly," My boss patted my back, "Good job."

"Thanks," I grinned brightly, "How long until she gets to go to Heaven?"

"Today," My boss replied.

"Really?" I perked up, excited to tell Mina the news.

"Yes, if she passes the test," My boss answered.

"What test?" I tilted my head.

"You'll find out soon enough," She patted my head, "Bring Mina over here. I don't want you to tell her anything."

I nodded my head and left the building. I nervously bit my lip as I made my way to Mina's house in the Underworld.

I walked into her house without knocking and went straight into her bedroom. I found Mina slightly hiding under her covers, sleeping soundly.