Refound Love (DY)

Dahyun POV

Well this day turned out pretty terrible.

I am currently cowering in the corner of a bank while masked criminals robbed it. Why did I decide to come to the bank today out of all days? Other civilians were in the ground next to me.

"We're almost finished!" One of the robbers shouted.

"Hurry it up!" The other demanded. It was a female, "The cops are going to be here soon!"

Wait a minute. That voice.

I picked my head up to see the back of the lady's body. She must've sensed me looking at her and turned around. Once she caught sight of me, she freaked out, "Forget it! We'll just take what we have! Let's go!"

I watched with interest as the robbers ran out. The lady who was giving orders stared at me for a second before leaving. The shape of her eyes gave me flashbacks.

"Babbbbe," I pouted, "Carry meee."

Y/n laughed, "You have to two feet. You can walk."

I frowned and looked down.

Y/n chuckled at me before carrying me bride style.

I panicked, "This was not the kind of carrying I meant!"

"Well I like to carry you like this because I can see that beautiful face of yours without straining my neck," Y/n kissed my cheek.

I blushed and reveled in the warmth she gave me.

There's no doubt about it. That was Y/n. My highschool sweetheart. We broke up because she had to take over her father's 'business'. She didn't want me involved in it.

When she stared at me before leaving, I saw the look of fear in her eyes. She's probably worried about me having to see her like that. Or she's afraid that I was able to recognize her.

When she broke up with me, I was devastated. I didn't understand why she broke my heart out of the blue like that. Now that I'm older, I understand completely.

She's the respected daughter of an incredibly powerful mafia boss.

She didn't want me to be thrown into her lifestyle. She broke up with me to protect me.

When she took over her father's place, she made sure that I would never be in harm's way ever again.

How? Well it's simple. She put me on the 'no harm list'.

This whole time, she's been protecting me without me even realizing it.

The only reason why I found out about it is because two guys tried to kidnap me to sell me to someone when I was walking home from my college campus.

Before they can force me into their van, a very tall and muscular guy appeared from the shadows. I thought he was apart of the kidnapper's gang but he wasn't. He went right up to the kidnappers and said, "She is protected by the L/n line. I will kill you if you raise a finger on her."

The kidnappers looked terrified and basically threw me to the ground before high tailing it down the road.

I looked up at the muscular man in fear. He just looked down at me and stated, "Return home. I'll watch after you to make sure you're safe."

I never saw that man again.

In the back of my head, I knew that he was following me everywhere to make sure I was fine.