Countdown (DY)

Dahyun POV

Fourth period just ended meaning it's lunch time. I was already full though so I walked around the school.

I was feeling bored and decided to go to the music room to play the piano. Chaeyoung was sick and Momo had dance practice so I'm all alone for now.

My fingers lightly ghosted the keys before I started to play "River Flows in You" by Yiruma. I closed my eyes as I pictured a setting to the song.

It was raining and a bit misty but the atmosphere of the setting was so relaxing. I smiled in content.

After I finished I heard clapping behind me, making me jump in surprise.

"That was beautiful! I stan a multi- talented queen," Momo complimented.

I lightly blushed, "Thank you but I thought you had dance practice?"

"Turns out it was tomorrow," Momo sheepishly said, scratching her head.

I let out a laugh, "Only you can get it mixed up like that, Momo."

"Hey! It was an honest mistake," Momo pouted, "I'm hungry."

"Let's go get some food," I chuckled.

I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the music room to the cafeteria with Momo.

.....

"Dahyun! I completely forgot to tell you I'm meeting my soulmate today!" Momo screeched into my ear as we sat down in the cafeteria, eating food.

"I'm really happy for you, Momo." I smiled brightly at her.

"When are you going to meet yours?" She questioned.

I looked down at my wrist, the seemingly tattooed clock was counting down.

It read: 24h 1min 32sec

"Tomorrow during lunch." I answered, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"When are you meeting yours, exactly?" I asked.

She looked down at her wrist, "It says three hours, 4 minutes, 12 seconds. So around one hour after school."

I nodded as we continued eating.

.....

It was after school and Momo would not stop freaking out. She was literally pacing as her clock said she had two more minutes before meeting her soulmate.

I sat on a bench at a park staring at her, "Momo relax. It's your soulmate, you should be excited."

"You're right," Momo stopped pacing and sat down next to me, "I can't wait to meet whoever it is."

10 more seconds

Momo bit her lip in anticipation before looking around her.

A ball came flying towards us, "Look out!" A girl shouted at us.

I flinched and dodged it which only caused the ball to hit Momo, straight in the head.

"Owie," Momo pouted, rubbing her head.

"I am so sorry!" The girl panicked as she walked over to us.

They locked eyes at each other before they felt a weird sensation on their wrist.

0 seconds

"Y-You?" Momo questioned.

The girl seemed just as stunned as Momo, staring at her in wonder.