Defects (JI)

In which you are born with a specific defect and your soulmate is born with the opposite. You'll understand once you read :)

Jihyo POV

I sighed as Nayeon guided me to our seats at the award ceremony. "Amazing job, Unnie!" Dahyun cheered.

"Thank you Dahyun," I smiled.

I had just finished singing some songs with Rosé on stage. It was kind of weird to sing with her but enjoyed it very much. Her voice is absolutely beautiful.

I ran my fingers through my hair before playing with my fingers. I can hear BTS performing 'Save Me'. This song perfectly describes what I've been feeling for the past years.

It's been really hard coming to terms that my soulmate is dead. You see, I was born blind. It didn't bother me as much because my hearing was amazing. What did bother me was the fact that when a person is blind, it usually means that their soulmate died.

At first, I didn't believe it. I hoped that it was just a coincidence but throughout all of my life, I have not met my match. I waited and waited but no one showed up.

Ninety percent of people meet their soulmate in their teen years. Eight percent meet theirs during their early twenties. One percent meet their soulmate during their midlife. While the last one percent never meet their soulmate at all.

I guess I'm just one of the unlucky ones.

Tears gathered in my eyes. I quickly wiped them, hoping no one would notice. 'Save Me' was still playing and it was not helping my emotions. Someone on my left helped me wipe my tears away.

"You're going to make me cry if you continue," Sana gently wiped my eyes.

I couldn't help but break down, "Why me?" Tears went streaming down my face at a fast rate. My voice was trembling and my body shook as I silently wept.

Sana pulled me into a hug, whispering sweet nothings in my ear. "I'm here for you."

Suddenly I heard fans screaming. I was confused and it's not like I can turn my head to see what made them scream. Nayeon who was on my right leaned into me, "You're on the jumbo screen."

I stopped crying and tried to fix my appearance. I lightly smiled and faced my head down at my lap. The screaming continued though.

"PARK JIHYO! WHEN YOU SMILE, I'M ALSO HAPPY!" I heard someone belt out.

This made me genuinely smile. I lightly scratched the back of my head and leaned into Sana's embrace. More cheers erupted as I did this.

"Sanake made her presence known," Momo whispered.

I giggled at her.

"Yah!" I heard Sana smack Momo.

"Ow. Aggressive." Momo whined.

These girls always know how to make me feel better.

.....

We were back at our dorm and I was on the couch, just relaxing. Someone sat next to me and pulled me into a hug. She smelled light and fruity. Mina.

I hugged her back, "Hi."

"Hey," She replied softly.

"What's with the sudden display of affection?" I lightly questioned.

"I just wanted a hug," She whispered back.

"Well okay," we remained in this position for a while until Mina slightly pulled away.