Dense (NY)

Nayeon POV

It happened again.

I was on the school rooftop when Y/n came running into my arms with tears falling down her face. She got into another argument with her boyfriend. I always tell myself to tell Y/n about my feelings for her but I don't want to risk our friendship.

She's too important to me.

Even though Y/n had gotten a boyfriend, she always makes time for me. She's always there for me when I'm down. Heck, she even canceled her date with her boyfriend because I had gotten slightly sick.

It was their one year anniversary date too.

I honestly felt guilty about that day. Not because I ruined their date but the fact that I actually enjoyed Y/n being with me rather than her boyfriend.

I rubbed her back up and down in a calming motion as Y/n cried into my shoulder, "What happened, Y/n?"

"We argued again," She muttered quietly.

"What was it about this time?" I softly asked.

A moment of silence passed by before Y/n whispered, "You."

I froze, "M-Me?"

"Yeah. He thinks that I love you more than I love him! And... And..." Y/n clenched her jaw.

"And?" I gently prompted.

"And it's true. I do love you more than him," Y/n's words rolled off her tongue so easily.

I internally celebrated inside and held Y/n close to me, "Did you tell him that?"

"Yes, I did. So, he suggested that I spend no more time with you," She replied.

Oh no. Fear started to settle into my heart, "...Did you agree?"

Y/n stared at me blankly for a couple of seconds before saying, "Yes. I just came here to formally say goodbye to you as we won't be seeing much of each other anymore."

Did everyone hear that sound? It was the sound of my heart breaking. Tears began to settle into my eyes. We've been friends ever since pre-school and she's throwing me away for her boyfriend.

A few tears rolled down my cheeks, "O-Oh."

Once Y/n caught sight of my tears, she immediately took back her words, "N-No. Don't cry. I was just joking. I would never throw away our relationship like that!"

She gently wiped away my tears and kissed my cheek in apology. Her close proximity was making me slightly dizzy. I wanted nothing more than to press my lips against hers. When she pulled away slightly, I regained my senses, "So you didn't agree?"

"Of course not! I couldn't believe he was basically making me choose between you and him. So, I dumped him," Y/n explained.

Yes! Finally! I can tell Y/n my feelings without worrying about her boyfriend getting in the way. I just need to find my courage.

"Because of him, I found out that I've been in love with someone else all of this time," Y/n continued.

Well, goodbye courage! It seems like I've already lost to whoever managed to steal Y/n's heart. Whoever that lucky bastard is. Even though I was dying inside, I managed to smile at her, "Who's the lucky person?"

She chuckled and began to describe the person she's in love with, "The person I'm thinking of is sweet, charming, always there for me, and can sometimes be a bit narcissistic when it comes to their looks."

I don't like this person already.

Y/n continued after she paused to stare at me for some reason, "This person is beautiful- inside and out. This person is also incredibly dense too."

I frowned. Who would be dense enough to not realize that Y/n is in love with them? I mean she makes it pretty well known if she likes someone. But who?

Y/n facepalmed as I tried to think of who she's in love with, "It's you!"

"You? The foreign exchange student from Vietnam?" I asked.

I mean You is nice and pretty and funny. Not to mention her incredible gpa. There's no way I can compete with her! I thought she had a boyfriend though.

"Pabo!" Y/n glared at me and clarified, "I am in love with Im Nayeon."

I froze.

Y/n looked at me in worry and waved her hand in front of my face, "Nayeonnie?"

She's in love...with me.

She..... She loves me.

A shit eating grin appeared on my face as I jumped to my feet and squealed, "I've been in love with you for some time as well!"

I quickly pulled Y/n close to me and leaned down to kiss her. She eagerly kissed me back and smiled against my lips. This kiss was everything I wanted it to be and more. Her lips were so soft and inviting.

We pulled away to gasp for air.

"I'm sorry it took me so long to realize my feelings for you," Y/n leaned her forehead against mine.

"And I'm sorry that I never had the courage to tell you about my feelings," I gently replied as we looked into each other's eyes.

We held onto each other loosely, just taking in the moment and appreciating what was in front of us. I leaned down and gave her a quick kiss, "I love you."

Wow, I feel like I can say that to her forever. I mean we are just in highschool but I can honestly see myself dating Y/n and eventually marrying her.

Y/n giggled and gave me a quick kiss, "I love you too."

I can listen to her say that to me forever.

And who knows? Maybe I will hear her say that to me forever.

---------

I don't know why but I've been in the mood for fluff these past days.

Hopefully you guys enjoy them!

Unedited~

:)