again and again part two hyunjin

Again & again
Hyunjin POV
" Or like the time you chose your passion and left us. "
I could feel Y/N and seungmin stiffen at my voice but I don't regret stepping in.I couldn't just stand there, doing nothing. Not like last time.

Three years ago
Just another day. Is what I told y/n who was bubbling with nervousness as we waited on the stairs for seungmin, the one she liked. I couldn't help but scoff at my pathetic self for waiting with y/n with a water bottle and a bar of chocolate, because chocolate calms her down, while I should be confessing.

Such a coward. But I would rather be by her side than being at an awkward distance.

" Omg he's here! What do I do, do I look good enough? He's gonna reject me isn't he. " Y/n said clearly hyperventilating.

" You look beautiful. He would be mad to reject you. "

There she went hand-in-hand giggling with seungmin while I hid behind a tree waiting to jump to yell congratulations at the new couple. What was I doing.

But then there was a eerie silence. Weird.
I told myself it was okay to eavesdrop.

" What do you mean you are leaving min?
What about school? What about us? "

" Us? There never was an us to begin with. "

" Min-"

" I called you here to tell you that I was moving. I guess I have to tell you to move on as well. " Seungmin's voice breaking as well as I heard footsteps approaching me.

I immediately hid before seungmin could see me and after the sound of his footsteps faded I could feel myself towards y/n, a heart broken y/n.

" Guess you don't need to shout congratulations anymore. " She said in between her sobs.

I took her in my arms. I knew there wasn't anything better I could do.

" I guess I'm not just good enough. " I heard her whisper to herself and I lost it.

" No. You are too nice to see how selfish he was. He chose his passion over you and your relationship with him. He didn't give you any time to explain. You don't understand how beautiful of a human being you are. You could light up any persons day, your smile is something everyone needs and- "

I stopped myself. This wasn't the right time to confess. Not here. Not now.

" Anyways, you'll get someone better. Way better than him. " I said patting her back and leaning her head on my shoulder, her mascara stained tears staining her face and my shirt as well.

Now.

I hesitated before. I can't hesitate anymore. I grabbed y/n's arm not giving her a chance to speak. Because I knew if she spoke I wouldn't think twice to change my mind.

" I-"

" Who are you to grab her like that ? " Seungmin said grabbing my own hand and I felt like I could rip his throat out.

The tension between the now formed triangle consisting of us three was clearly seen in the air.

I shook his hand off my wrist and latched it once again on y/n's hand. I could see the tears pooling up in her eyes once again. I couldn't bear to see the sight once again.

" Because unlike you I stayed with her, I wiped her tears when you weren't there, I made her smile when she felt like she could cry, i cared for her seungmin. I chose her when you chose your passion."

But I didn't look at seungmin as I said that, I looked at y/n who was slowly understanding what I was trying to say. Her confused eyes met mine searching for an answer.

" What makes you think she'll choose you? " Seungmin scoffed in the background.

" I know for a fact that whatever happens she will choose me. " I said grabbing her hand once again and walking down the dark alleys of our neighborhood, again and again.