When he meets your ex - Kim seungmin

You knew this was gonna be a disaster, walking into that same cafe or somewhat known as your unofficial hangout with your friend group. It wasn't the group or the place you got bad vibes from, but from one person who you would definitely not get along with.

An ex boyfriend, who could never treat you right was going to be there. The same old story, friends to lovers within months of crushing on each other. Yet the cause of your break-up wasn't brutal.

You noticed a difference in San, the way he talked about you in front of your friend group made you feel worthless and small. Yet once he was alone with you, he treated you like his whole world was in front of him.

The duality felt a little uncomfortable for a few months as you dragged your feelings on and brushed off his snarky remarks even though your friends felt it was wrong. You even tried to explain how his rude statements affected you, but the change in attitude wasn't seen, leading you to break up with him.

Breaking up within a friend group is hard, especially when the other side doesn't even care. You ended up trying to avoid all of your hangouts because you were scared of what might happen.

Untill you met Seungmin, who took no bullshit whatsoever. He treated you right, from the beginning when you started as mere partners for a article in the school newsletter. While he was trying to find the best place for taking photos, and you were trying to look for the right angle to start your article, you both ended up finding nothing but feelings for each other.

So even though you did clearly move on and have a very healthy relationship with Seungmin, you still depended on your friends from time to time. And you didn't want to lose your valuable relationships with people like Felix and Wooyoung just because of the shitty relationship you had.

With this being said, they were wayyyy too curious about him. You tried to skip the topic for a long time, trying not to make the atmosphere weird untill Seungmin showed up to pick you up one day. Hyunjin immediately invited you both to your next hangout and that is exactly where you were standing at present.

" Hey don't tense up! Save some nerves for when I meet your parents! " Seungmin said with a precious glint his eyes assuring you and bringing an equivalent smile on your face as he carefully placed your hands in his.

Finding that familiar booth you could feel eyes on you, especially San's, yet the smile on your face never wiped off as your friends welcomed the new couple in the group in a very noisy way.

" Well well, what do we got here. I smell some romance. " Felix said winking at you.

" What do you mean lix? I only smell something fishy. Guess my duality is working up. " San immediately said, breaking up the happy mood the whole booth was in, while you could feel yourself redden in annoyance.

" Don't mind him. Hi, I'm Hyunjin. You might recognise me from that day. This is San with his stupid mouth, Hongjoong with his headphones, Wooyoung who is practically sitting on Lix, Ryujin with the blonde hair and last but not least Yuna our beloved youngest. "

Once the round of introductions and embarassing moments immediately sunk in, you finally felt your shoulders being lifted off the weight and tension they were packed into and laughed along with your friends as well.

But then the interrogation started,

" So how did you guys first meet? "

" What was your first date like? "

" Who confessed first? "

" Ahem. Let my boyfriend breathe. This ain't a press conference. " Is what you said after one round of questions.

" Yeah this feels like an interview. You should have told me what I was getting into. " Seungmin said breaking out a new set of laughter to the group.

" But seriously, what did you like in y/n for you to date her? " San asked,and knowing where this was going you grabbed onto his wrist before he answered.

" Honestly, I don't know if there should be one particular reason for the feelings I have. But once I knew they were reciprocated, I found all the little things she did make my day, my week or heck yeah the month. But although, I gotta admit she is cute at first sight. " Seungmin said gazing his eyes into yours while he was rubbing circles into your wrist.

" Boy here needs some spectacles, I think. " San said laughing, bringing the uncomfortable tension once again. You felt Seungmin tense up, before replying quite bluntly.

" No thanks I've had my Lasik done. Atleast I could see what I was missing out on, unlike someone else. "

" Hey, no need to get so worked up. I'm just joking about my ex. " San replied with his hands up, mocking seungmin.

" Well it's not cool that especially because your ex is my girlfriend. "

By now you were almost holding back Seungmin from doing anything stupid, while Wooyoung was doing the same with San. But San was well, being san,

" Well man, I can't say anything but I'm sorry for the mess you have to handle. She doesn't really offer much. " He said smirking.

That was the last thread. It took less than a millisecond for Seungmin to release the grip you had on him to grab the edge of San's cardigan almost this close to punching him as their hands were inches apart from punching each other.

" Listen here, you lost your chance. You made stupid decisions but you don't have any right to say anything about my girlfriend anymore. Although she dealt with all your bullshit, I won't. So if you can't shut up about my girlfriend then either you have to leave this place or I might have to do something else. "

" Oh really? " San continue with the annoying raise of his eyebrow, " and what is this something else? "

" Seungmin please. Please. Let's leave. "

Immediately his stance weakened at the sound of your voice, his eyes now in search of yours and once they met, you could feel the rage inside him calm down. His hands were instantly brought down from the edge of San's cardigan as he realised what he was doing. He knew what was to be done, and that wasn't violence.

He took a step back and stood beside you immediately slouching to your eye level making sure you were okay. And that's when you realised the difference between Seungmin and San. With San, you knew how much he cared about you only when you were alone, yet with Seungmin even with everything going on, he took care of you and your needs first. That's when you were sure you chose the right person.

Once realising nothing had happened to either of you, seungmin started gathering his things from the table, muttering a few formal farewells to the other out of respect.

" See he can't even handle a fight. Such a puss-

But his words were interrupted by a smack on his face from Hongjoong himself. He looked back at the both of you and told you both to carry on while he deals with him.

Getting out of that café felt amazing. You felt safe in Seungmin's arms as you walked around lazily in a nearby park.

" I still can't believe you had to stand that bullshit. " He finally said.

" Me neither. But I got you now." You said giving him a peck on his now red stained cheeks.

" Why didn't I meet you earlier. Hmph. "

" Wait, am I witnessing jealous Seungmin?!? Daebakkkk " you said squeaking at his cute frowns he was making.

" I'm not jealous. See? gahhhhhhhh " he said making a silly face.

" Well, I'm not sure if I'm really ready for this side of you. Let me rethink. " You said jokingly.

" Nu huh. You are trapped now. " Seungmin said ruffling your hair and trapping you in his arms as your laughter was the only thing you could hear, as if he was your whole world.