Fever - Hwang hyunjin

" What do you mean by I'm fine? Hyunjin you gotta be kidding me. You were in tears on FaceTime and now suddenly you're okay. That doesn't make sense unless-"

" Unless? " The guy of the hour who was sipping his Americano casually, raised an eyebrow at you.

You sighed in annoyance. Why did you come this far for this overdramatic man. This man who'd cry even when he'd stumble his toe at the corner of his couch he always sleeps on because he comes late from practice and is too tired to drag himself to bed.

You know how much you care for this man. But you've tried not to, too many times. Your heart can't seem to handle every time he breaks down.

Ok y/n focus. Hyunjin is still staring at you,

" Let me guess. What kdrama did you watch? "

" I- How could you come to that conclusion? " He said clutching his heart as you rolled your eyes for the nth time today.

" Was it crash landing? Was it when she- "

" Yeahhhhhhh " he said immediately pouting. While he was whining about it, you were looking at his plump lips and his almond eyes. Basically admiring the view in front of you.

" Y/n. Y/n? Y/N?!? " Hyunjin said, or should I say screamed, while shaking your shoulders.

" Huh? Jesus Christ. Don't make me go deaf , I zoned out for a sec. " You said coming back to your senses.

" Did you get lost diving into my handsomeness? " He said flaunting his jawline only for you to pinch his cheeks. You could feel yourself hesitate, because that's exactly what you were doing but your sassy concept wasn't done.

" No I was contemplating on why I had to waste petrol on you and your overdramatic ass. "

" Hey! It could have been serious! "

" Mmm yeah, but it wasn't. " You said plopping down right next to him on the sofa.

" No but seriously. Thanks for checking up on me. "

" Woah. Did you get a fever or something? " You said manually catching hold of his jaw and checking his forehead If he was sick. But you quickly realised it was a mistake because you ended up being too close together.

" I- umm "

" Hey. I know. I'm not the best with my emotions. But you really help me keep myself in check. And I want you to know that I'll always be there for you. "

" What are you confessing or something? " You  said clearly not thinking before you speak.

The silence in the room tripled with the tension in the room. While you were cursing yourself for your words, hyunjin was looking for the right time to say-

" Yes. "

Your eyes which were once on the floor, now faced another set of its own. The other pair definitely wasn't calm, as it was searching for an answer while yours weren't believing that this moment was true.

" I- you-

" I like you, scratch that. I love you, y/n. "

That one sentence was all that you needed to bring a smile on your face, which he replicated as well. But you couldn't help but tease him a little bit.

" Dang, if I'd known you love me that much, I-

Before you could say something about it, Hyunjin pulled you onto his lap, making you gasp too loudly. The distance was disturbingly close and it was almost as if Hyunjin enjoyed the way you reacted.

It was just one swipe of the pad of his thumb across your flushed cheeks, that was enough to send your whole body on fire. It was as if you were in a trance, a trance you'd never get out of. You eventually did though, because hyunjin said

" Guess who has a fever now. "