Funny business - Yang Jeongin

Funny business -  I.N.

It was funny how you were the calm person for once, as jeongin paced around in front of the principal's room.

" You walking around like that isn't going to fast forward this. Sit down will you? You're making me anxious as well. "

Before he could retort back, Mr.Bang came out of the room with his signature blank face and slowly closed the door before saying anything.

" Well, that was unpleasant. But I've cleared your names. " He said recieving a sigh from the behalf of both of you.

" Don't be relieved too soon. You'll have detention for the next week-

" What about them. They hit me. And y/n. Especially y/n. " Jeongin said with the rage you saw a few minutes ago, glistening again in his eyes.

" Jeongin, I know you both are hurt as well. But as your class teacher I can only bring justice to the both of you. But for them, I'm not sure what is to come. "

" Of course not. She's the principal's niece. How would she get a punishment. " You scoffed and that didn't go unnoticed by your teacher.

"Y/n, I understand that we are at a disadvantage here. Let's just be grateful that you didn't get suspended, or even worse expelled. I know you both were just defending yourselves and I believe you. But for now, no more funny business. Especially you Jeongin, if you want to graduate. Now both of you get your bruises treated while I call the school nurse to come down. "

"But-"

Before you could say anything, I.N. dragged you to the other side not before thanking him amd took you towards the sickbay.

" Why did you drag me? I wanted to-

" Wanted to what? Argue with him a little more. He just saved our chance to go to college. Its not his fault. " He said as he was taking some ice from the fridge for his arm while you were scrambling to find the ointment.

" Well of you hadn't hit him in the first place we wouldn't be here. " The words slipped out of your mouth even before realising what you had said.

" OH really. So you wanted me, your best friend, watch that bitch and her boyfriend badmouth you and your friends and family on the sidelines and do nothing. " He said almost bringing in a growl to his deep voice just like before as he stepped forward.

It almost startled you. The way you could only see his back and he pushed you behind while you were arguing with Jess, the girl who ruined your dress by spilling her drink all over and didn't even apologize. Jeongin stepped in, only when he saw you get slapped and when her boyfriend stepped in when you raised your hand in return.

" Don't you even dare try to lay a hand on her. " he said, his dark voice bringing shudders.

" Oh yeah what would you do about that pipsqueak " Her boyfriend said  pushing his finger into I.N.'s forehead.

" I.N. let's just go. " You said and tried to drag him from behind.

At first he did seem to listen, untill her boyfriend had to say,

" Ahh a little pipsqueak indeed. "

That was enough to unleash the little beast locked away inside him. His knuckles were now scraped after meeting with the other guy's jaw. While he was laying in the floor, feeling his skin splitting and blood starting to ooze out.

" Jeongin no, JEONGIN-" Was all you could say while the both of them were delivering punches as you tried to drag him behind. The last thing you heard before you were  pushed down and your forehead hitting the group causing you to wince, was a whistle. Particularly your principal's whistle.

Bringing you back to the present here you were, intimidated by the not so tall man standing in front of you which made you plop down on the bed beside you.

" I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that. But we could've avoided this. " You said looking at the ground after finding the ointment to cure his bruises.

He grabbed your wrist making you face him.
The distance if someone could measure would be less than a few inches, and all the oxygen in your lungs suddenly seemed to disappear.

" Wh-what? " You said, suprised that you could actually utter a word.

" I need some ointment here dummy. " He said pointing to the edge of his lip which had a little cut but it was dried by now.

" You could've just told me. You didn't need to startle me like that. " You said squeezing out a little bit of the ointment onto your fingers.

The silence was deafening as you focused on the wound on his lips, yet little did you know that his eyes were looking at your own lips.

" You didn't have to do that you know? You could've just left me alone. " You said not daring to look at his eyes while he just sighed.

" Listen, I don't know what people you've hung out with before, but I protect the people I love. "

Now you couldn't help but look at what gaze he was offering you, as he expected a reaction from your side.

He could only see your eyes running from one edge to another through your long lashes whole your body froze from the sudden confession. You dared not to look at him but the only thing you could look at were his lips. So tempting and close, already feeling like you've tasted his kiss.

He took the next step forward, bringing your noses to brush each other's, while his eyes never moved from your lips. Two seconds away from brushing your lips, he felt hesitation creeping up, but once he saw your eyes firmly shut and your lips partly open, he knew you felt the same.

His breath which was originally near your own lips was now tickling the side of your neck as he whispered,

" You know what Mr.Bang said, no more funny business. "