Caged - Bang Chan

Soft snores tickling the edge of your shoulders, an arm around your waist and a beautiful day ahead was waiting for you. The feeling was supposed to be immaculate, but you were more than annoyed by the situation you were in.

Caged. Trapped. Call it whatever you want, but that was what you felt. Instead your thoughts were interrupted by a small grunt.

" Is it morning yet? " The guy next to you asked, clearly not knowing the difference between day and night because of all the overwoking he's been doing.

" Yes, chan. Its morning. That light which is blinding your eyesight is called sunlight. I hope you can finally recognise it after pulling all of those all nighters."

" Mmm. "

" Hmph. I didn't expect you to say much either. Now get up before I smack a pillow onto your face. "

" How could you? I have you in my arms. " He said snuggling into you even more.

Caged.Trapped. Suffocated.

" Mr. Bang Chan, don't you want to get ready for today? "

His eyes were now wide open.

" Shit! It's today isn't it. "

" Yes, it's we have a date today. And if we don't get ready within, " you quickly checked your wall clock, " 35 minutes, we can say goodbye to our brunch reservations. "

" Holy sh-"

" Language mister."

" Don't use my lines on me. " He said rushing into the bathroom with his messy curls, not before tickling you once.

You looked at your pathetic reflection in the mirror. Was this what you wanted?

...

" You look amazing sweetheart. " Chan said fumbling with the clasp of his watch as he saw you in your dress.

You went closer and fastened the clasp for him. You took a moment and looked into his eyes hoping to see if he would reciprocate what you were feeling but he just looked at his own reflection.

" Is this good enough? " He said looking at the way his hair was styled at the edges, his eyebrows now crinched into a little frown at the centre of his forehead.

" Yes it is. Now come on let's leave!!! "

" Take my hand, my lady, and I shall lead you. " He said bowing down with his goofy antics, making you smack him on the head to get some sense into him.

" Okay okay, let's leave."

...

" You sure about this? " He said standing in front of the restaurant.

" Yeah I think I would rather go on this date then sit inside all day. Don't worry about me. " You said nodding quite seriously.

" Hey, remember I always want to make sure that you are comfortable first. Then comes everyone else. So don't ask me not to worry. "

You nodded quickly before the feeling of suffocating would rise up in your throat and went inside to avoid suspicion.

" Ahh Mr Bang, your table is at the back. Your guests have already arrived. "

" Shit we must be late huh? " He said before entering the dining room.

You just smiled curtly before entering the room.

" Omg finally what took you so long. "

" Sorry babe, y/n slept in. " Chan said lying through his teeth, kissing his own partner, Jess, on the opposite side.

" Well, I know we've been waiting for this for so long. But, y/n meet Jaehyun who's my best friend, "

" And Jaehyun meet y/n who's been my roomate ever since collage started. " Chan completed Jess' sentence.

" And now let the sparks begin. " Jess said squealing in excitement.

" That's not how it works,ugh, nevermind. Hi I'm Jaehyun. I'm sorry you had to spend so much time third wheeling with this couple. "

" Hi, I'm y/n. And trust me, I'm glad we could third wheel together. These guys can't keep their hands to themselves. " You said bringing in some laughter to the table.

After some small introductions, and some embarassing moments were shared, the food came and the talking was slowed down for a bit. Until Jaehyun asked,

" How haven't you both had feelings for each other at all? I mean isn't that how the story goes. Boy and girl are roommates, boy and girl hate each other at first but then they fall in love. The end? "

This question almost made you choke. Because it was the happy ending you wanted.

" Ahh. No you've got us wrong. We've been friends since the start. " You said before you could say anything stupid.

" Yeah. And besides, y/n is my friend. Never the love interest. " Chan said.

The laughter that followed that silenced the feeling you had been feeling all the time.

The small touches, the little smiles, the compliments, the cuddles, the nicknames,the 'always being there for you', the emotions, the rollercoasters and the butterflies were all know washed away. It meant absolutely nothing to him and you finally got the closure that you needed.

So now your feelings weren't trapped. Nor did you feel caged or suffocated. You had just let those butterflies fly away, before they could become something fruitful. And now you had to move on and start a new life, whether you liked it or not.

And somehow with how Jaehyun's laugh had met his eyes, you could feel yourself liking the near future.