he likes you - seungmin

" Does seungmin hate me? " You asked hyunjin as you saw seungmin leave the room. It was as if he left after sensing your presence.

Hyunjin was almost dying of laughter while you looked at him, clearly crossed with the way he was reacting.

" Hyunjin, I'm serious. He's been avoiding me for a while. "

" I'm pretty sure he isn't avoiding you, you know how he's like. " He said trying to be serious but his smirk was not leaving his lips.

You were worried. Did you do something? Did you offend him in any way? You knew about his infamous temper and you always were careful with your words especially with him. Well, clearly because you like him.

He isn't typical in any way. That was the one thing that stood out to you the most. Yet he and you could be a perfect clumsy couple.

It was a joke among the guys, that if anything broke it would be either one of you and they were right most of the time. Sometimes both of us could be involved and we would just chuckle at each other staring into each other's eyes.

Slowly you fell for him, but that was when the distance started. The times where you wanted him to be next to you he wouldn't be there, but did your feelings change? Never.

You made your way to the practice room after you knew that hyunjin would be of no help, and he clearly wasn't as he annoyed you the whole way there.

You plopped yourself onto the sofa not realising the person next to you tensing up immediately.

" So what are we going to have for lunch? " You asked as you were scrolling through your phone without reading the room.

" Hamburgers? " Jisung perched but it was followed by a series of disagreements.

You knew this debate would go on until lunch time where you guys would eventually end up eating at the cafeteria and so you searched for an actually interesting conversation.

You looked at who was sitting next to you and you saw seungmin eyes staring right back at you and you could hear him mumble,

" Shit. "

" Hey seung- "

" I'm getting a call I'll talk to you later."

Now you were annoyed.

" Oh really , why isn't your phone ringing? " You asked him your voice now raising and silence was slowly approaching.

" It's umm I'm waiting for a call- "

" Really? Seungmin why have you been avoiding me? " You couldn't keep it in anymore.

The guys who were once noisy were now sitting there wide eyed tight lipped. The silence was deafening.

" Guys, let's sit this one out. Give them some privacy. " Chan said placing a hand on your shoulder as you mouthed him a thank you and the boys except seungmin of course left one by one.

You could hear a pin drop, that's how silent you were. Your nervousness bubbling through your body didn't help either, but you needed some courage or you knew that you wouldn't get the answers you needed.

" Seungmin, do you hate me? " You said breaking the silence. The hesitation clearly written on his face scared you making you nervous.

You could feel tears forming in your eyes. Why did you even expect anything, you only made it worse for yourself. He doesn't like you like that.

" I don't hate you y/n. I really don't ." He said sighing which for some reason made it look like he was annoyed, with himself.

" Are you annoyed with me? "

" No. "

" Did I do something wrong? " You asked once again searching for some answers.

" No. "

His phone actually rang the next second. Now it was your turn to sigh as he looked at the phone and back into your eyes.

" You know what, pick it up, I get it. I'll leave you alone. " Your tears were now streaming down. Your control over them gone, yet you controlled your sobs which were trying to escape.

You stood yourself up ready to leave yet a hand on your wrist stopped you.

" Y/n, "

" Don't y/n me. You know how much I care for you. You mean the universe to me,yet you shut me down like I'm nobody. I know you don't open up that well but you open up to me. Well, you used to. "

" I'm scared y/n. " He finally admitted.

" Scared? Of what ? Do I intimidate you ? "

" Scared that you won't like me as much as I like you. "

You wanted to hate him at the moment yet you were blinded by all the affection you had for him and you couldn't help but smile.

" Don't look at me like that. " He mumbled.

" Like what? "

" Like that."

" Why not? "

" Because I'm scared that I might kiss you without your consent." He said his eyes now completely devouring yours.

" Wait what? "

" Can I ? Can I kiss you? "

You nodded your shyness clearly seen on your cheeks as he grasped your face with his hands and leaned in. You could feel yourself smile into the kiss and with the adrenaline he was giving you, you were on cloud nine.

You sighed as you parted apart and saw his mischievous one as well.

" I told you, he likes you too. " Hyunjin said in the background while the others were making annoying smooching sounds as yours and seungmin's cheeks were filled with flush.