when he cheats on you - jisung

Your thoughts might be foggy at the moment but the memories were crystal clear. Finding your boyfriend kissing your best friend while waiting in the elevator to go up and meet him, with the cheesecake he loved which was now on the floor.

You stood there. Shocked. The sounds around you all muffled into one. The thing that took you back to reality was the sound of the elevator signalling the closing doors which finally han had noticed, his eyes now wide open and thankfully his reflexes weren't fast enough to stop the elevator.

You felt your knees wobbling, your breathlessness concerning you yet you were a woman of pride. You knew he would run behind you and your 13 year old self promised yourself to never trust a man who cheats even if he was the love of your life.

You didn't know who you had to call, maybe your brother Minho but that would make things worse. You then decided to call a taxi first because there was no way you would go back home with him.

Home? Or that was what you thought as you scoffed at yourself. You shut your taxi door trying to ignore Han's muffled screams of your name and told the driver to drive ahead not knowing what to do.

The feeling hadn't sunk in yet. Was it because you weren't enough? Was he expecting more? Did you not take care of him well?

"Y/n ,"

You saw him standing at your doorway and you internally cursed yourself for not remembering that he had a set of keys that you trusted him with. Trust. Loyalty. Those words seemed like nothing now.

" Jisung get out. "

" Please hear me out. "

" Jisung leave before you and I regret anything. Don't make me lose the little respect I have for you right now. Just, just leave. "

" Y/n I- "

" Was I that easy for you? Was I that easy for you to play with? " You ask your eyes spewing out a fresh set of tears yet your voice was crystal clear. You needed answers.

" Y/n it was never like that-"

" How long? " You looked at him , maybe even a glimmer of hope would've shone in your eyes. Probably it was a mistake, a one time thing.

" 6 months. " He said looking at the floor.

You sucked in air as if it were your last breath. How were you so clueless. The innocence you had, you couldn't believe he took advantage of it.

" Why? Was I not enough?! Am I that pathetic? "

" Because I was stressed okay! The amount of pressure I had at work killed me. I needed relief. " He said his voice now raised.

You couldn't believe he was annoyed, while you were the one he cheated on.

" Listen I know I was selfish. I never meant to hurt you in the progress, I love you y/n, please. Please don't let me go, we need each other. "

You would be lying if you said that you didn't need him. He was the one who made you laugh when your boss screamed at you, the guy who popped up randomly to buy you flowers even though you never found the use of them, and he even wrote songs about you.

" Jisung , if I let you stay just for my selfish needs, it would just be for that. The trust, loyalty and respect I had for you is just gone. I- I would be lying if I said I didn't love you, but I need to give you up and set me free. "

" So that's it? What about us? Our story? Our happy ending. "

" I think it's our last chapter. " You said looking into his eyes, probably for the last time.

" Y/n, please, I'll take care of you like no one ever. "

" And I know you will. But just not this life. Bye jisung. " You said closing the door on him and calling your brother, because you knew better than to call your best friend.

You tucked yourself on the small space near the window watching as the tears in your face and the rain outside fell in sync. Your blanket no where near to the warmth Han's arms used to give you.

You realised Minho came in only after he wrapped his arms around you and tucked your head into his shoulders, your tears staining his white shirt. You noticed his knuckles were scraped, some even bloody.

" Minho, don't tell me you- "

" He deserved it. " He said tucking your head once again and you felt comfortable the first time that evening.

All your love was gone.
Now he's gone.