Should've been me bang Chan later part (1)

" What do you mean by she left you? " You said looking at the man casually looking at the mirror and styling his curly and messy hair.

" What else should I say? She said I wasn't the one she loved. " He said smiling sheepishly only bringing you to the edge.

" Are you kidding me Chris?! You didn't even say anything? " You said raising your voice, baffled at the somewhat calm Chan.

Your tired body plopped onto his bunk bed, which he never sleeps in while he just continued to sit as his table. You rushed in after office hours on the way home when you recieved a text saying, "we broke up. "

You didn't understand how you were the one who was losing their mind, while your best friend was the one who just broke up with his girlfriend. Didn't he say he was falling for someone last month? Unless-

" I saw it coming,y/n. We weren't on the same page anymore. " He continued without even looking back at you. The only sound in the room was the click of his mouse as he worked away on his tracks.

You sighed as you laid down on the bed, hating the way you felt like something was off. Knowing Chan, he wouldn't tell you what it was untill the damage was over.

" Do you regret it? " You asked facing the top bunk trying to grasp a hold onto the new situation.

" No. She had a very nice personality, and although she said we'd remain as friends I doubt it. " He said still working with one side of his headphones off.

" And the company agreed for once. " You added, and you saw his silhouette nodding.

" Yeah. Especially since she's an idol herself. It didn't need a lot of convincing. We were accepted within weeks. " He agreed, finally turning around, as if he was checking your reaction.

" But if I was honest, you're relationship was a little fast paced. It was almost as if you were running towards the finish line. " You chuckled as you reminded yourself of the nervous mess Chan was when he asked the girl out.

" More like I was running away. " Chan mumbled but it didn't go unnoticed.

" What do you-

" There you are. I thought you got lost in our dorm. " Felix said waddling onto the room with the sound of his giggles filling the room.

" Trust me, I've been here a little less than a hundred times, but the possibility of me getting lost in this mess is very high. " You said as you patrer the empty space next to you as your eyes never left the wooden bunk.

But your gaze changed when lix layed right next to you. He was trying to look at what you were so looking at on the wooden bunk and you couldn't help but see adorable that was.

" Why are you looking at me like that? "

" Like what. "

" Like you think I look cute. "

" But it's true. " You said booping his nose and running your hands through his field of freckles laid across his cheeks.

" Okay time out. I'm working on a track that is more hard rock than cute and sweet. So take your pda out of this room. " Chan said almost grumbling.

" Hyungggghhh " Felix said, realising that he forgot that Chan existed in the room and starting blushing while you two just laughed at him.

" Go, I'll join you in the kitchen. We'll make brownies for this boy. " You said to Felix and he got up after giving you a peck.

The room was back to its silence but your mind was quite the opposite.

" Chan, what did you mean by- "

" Don't mind me. I'll be alright. " He said, not moving from his place once again.

You turned his chair around making you face him.

" Chan, I'm not very patient right now. So tell me what is bothering you. " You said looking into his eyes knowing that it was his weakness.

" Nothing. "

" You know you can't lie to me. I know you too well. "

" Well then you should know why you have to stay away from me. For your and my own good." He said looking into your eyes.

The mystery was now solved. But unfortunately it didn't bring you satisfaction.

"Chan-"

"Y/n could you give me a hand over here!? " Felix called from the kitchen but your gaze didn't falter.

" Don't. " Chan said, or more ordered and turned around.

" It was you wasn't it. "

" Y/n. Leave. "

" You were the one who sent me flowers. Weren't you-"

" I'm not saying this twice y/n leave. "

" HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO LEAVE IT SHOULD'VE BEEN YOU? "

Your voice was raised and slowly cracking away.

" It should've been you. You should've confessed first. How did you- how did you let Felix-

" How do you expect me to show my feelings after felix told me he loves you. " Chan said sighing, with the tears evident.

" But what about your feelings. How is your feelings not relevant?! "

" Because Felix loves you and you love him. Now if you're done-"

" But clearly you guys aren't done. " Felix said standing at the door.

The dorm was silent, like never before. You realised all the commotion you caused was too loud.

You saw felix and chan looking at each other, both of their faces filled with guilt. The only difference between them and your face was that you had a few tears streaming down your face.

The deafening silence was still ringing in your ears as you left the dorm.