chef's kiss - I.N

" You sure we can handle this? " You asked Jeongin who was already on his phone searching for recipes.

" Hmph, you are just scared you are gonna lose to me. " He said giving his annoying little smirk. Oh how you wanted to wipe it off his face.

" Please don't ruin the kitchen. Especially my knives. Or else- " Lee know threatened as we started our cook off.

" Or else what? " You asked , now it was your time to smirk as you were carefully choosing your ingredients, happy that you such a range courtesy to Lee know and Hyunjin of course.

" You don't want him to complete that sentence trust me. " Hyunjin said shuddering making the kitchen fill with chuckles as you fetched an apron from the drawer on the left.

" I'm not sure why you are doing this either, it's a cook off between a ramen and toast specialist which are two most basic things a human should be able to do. " Felix said overlooking our actions.

You had an edge in cooking over Jeongin, of course, because you were the one who took a mini course in cooking in Italy ( and failed but we don't talk about that )
but you also had a weakness. That weakness being the man competing right next to him.

His smile alone could make you lose, and the way his smile reaches his eyes when his competitive ass wins, lights up the whole room. Cliche, isn't it? Competitive friends to lovers but for that same competitive reason you refused to admit your feelings for him which were tucked inside your heart.

" You better get started fast. Don't blame me later if you lose. " I.N said his voice tickling your ear as he was tying his apron for you. The little things he did filled you with butterflies, but you needed to win so you brought yourself back to reality.

You looked at the ingredients you absentmindedly collected, basil, cherry tomatoes, flour and salt. It screamed a good cream cheese pasta but you knew that would be too boring.

" Why not pizza? " Jeongin said interrupting your thoughts once again. Not a bad idea, difficult, but not bad, you thought.

" Why not mind your own business? " You  replied your tone full of sass and you clicked you tongue while finding the the measuring cup.

Taking a handful of flour and calculating the ratio took you back into your own thoughts not thinking about your competitor. The only thoughts that were going on in your mind were the amount of cherry tomatoes you would like to place on your heart shaped pizza.

Once you were satisfied you carefully transferred your raw pizza onto a plate and into the oven.

" And now we wait. " You said keeping an alarm for 7 mins precisely while your nose sniffed up an amazing mix of ingredients caught your attention.

" Tteobokki I suppose? " You asked taking yet another whiff of the heavenly smell that filled the kitchen.

" Yup, sticking to the classic. Seems like you took my advice after all. " Jeongin commented as he rolled up his sleeves to chop some green onions on the counter opposite to yours.

" Maybe? Just make sure your tteobokki doesn't have the signature metal taste Hyunjin always has. "

" Well I think you have to make sure your eyes on the pizza. " He snapped right back and that was when you realised your eyes were focused on his arms flexing as he finely diced the onions infront of him. You felt the flush creeping up into your cheeks but that wouldn't stop you.

" Hmph, why would I look at anything else? " You said tucking your white shirt into a single knot letting your stomach hit the cold air giving you relief from the hot weather. You tied your in a similar air grabbing the extra pesto and oregano you had left and started finely chopping them up for garlic.

You felt his eyes skim all over your body making the both of blush even more and taking you out of focus.

" Ow. " You said after your cut yourself with the knife you were holding, but the more shocking event was the immediate shift of hands onto yours checking if you were alright.

" Are you alright? Omg why are you so careless you can't even chop basil. What if the cut was deep? Why ca- "

But your focus was neither on your bleeding finger or on his words rather it was on the almost nonexistent distance between you two. Especially his lips, oh how you were resisting yourself.

" Y/n? Back to earth? " He said his eyes now focused on yours but know you knew he felt the tension around you two and he didn't budge as he was giving you a signal.

" Fuck it. "

You pulled his face to yours, sealing the distance between you both with your lips on his, enjoying the flames rushing throughout your body as your could feel him intertwine with you. As if he knew this was going to happen he didn't miss a beat and carefully pushed you onto his counter clearing anything that was on it making his onions fly onto the floor but that wasn't important. The only thing that was important for the both of you was this kiss which was heating up.

He was two seconds away from lifting your shirt up but something had to interrupt you remember? Because this was definitely a cliche.

" Beep. Beep. Beep. "

...

" I really don't know what to choose. The almost burnt pizza or the metal tasting tteobokki. " Lee know said, his mouth full of food.

" Yeah me neither, but one thing is true, both of them together , unpredictable but , chef's kiss! " Hyunjin exclaimed.

" Chef's kiss indeed. " Jeongin mumbled as both of your faces blushed furiously.