8 years enough - Bang Chan

Swirling the wine glass you held for the past thirty minutes, your plastered smile and carefully set hair were slowly losing its place.

You appreciated the invite, even though it was your own house, you were sick of it. Sick of being left behind. Sick of holding on to- whatever you were clinging to.You didn't even know what to call it anymore.

Grabbing the train of your champagne gold cocktail dress revealing your black stilletos, you placed your now empty glass on whatever was near you and took your leave before anyone could spot you.

" What's the hurry kitten? "  Minho said following your slightly hurried footsteps.

" Minho, leave me alone. Go back to the party and if you spot Chan, tell him I left."

" No you'll tell him yourself. Because he told me to keep an eye on you. "

As your eyes widened, you focused on the last part of his words.

" He did what? "

"  Can you blame him, you've don't even talk to him-"

" Lee Minho. Don't you dare define my relationship with my husband. " You stated, your words echoing in the staircase away from the chaos.

" Oh really. Okay then let me clearly define to your husband what I witnessed last Thursday night, at the penthouse. With him."

The jaw which was one clenched was now wide open.

" I-

" What you witnessed Minho, I witnessed as well. " A third voice, or dare to say, the voice you heard the least this evening interrupted yours.

While he did expect silence to follow his words as he walked down to where you both were, what he didn't expect was for you to not have even an ounce of guilt or shock. It was as if you knew he was watching you make out with one of his own staff.

" Well then no explanation is needed. " You said grabbing the edge of your dress once agin only to be stopped by a grip.

" Y/n. "

Your shaky breaths easily gave away how you felt about the sudden turn of events but you refused to turn around and show him this side of you.

" Chan, do you even have the time to continue this conversation. " But instead of waiting for him to say anything, you knew what his answer was by the way Minho looked at you, almost in pity.

You scoffed, mentally scolding yourself for even expecting anything.

" Well it's seems like the CEO's party can't wait. But guess what, I can't wait anymore either. "

You descended the rest of the stairs not caring about how your dress was sweeping the floor as you exited the suffocating environment with your mascara stained tears making an appearance on your reflection on your phone as you called him to save you from this mess.

" Will you pick me up? " You asked and you sighed out of relief once the person on the other side agreed as you saw people staring at you.

Could you blame them? Here you were sitting at the bottom of the concrete staircase, your champagne gold train flowing down with the stairs, your cheeks stained with too many colours and your hair- well it's easy to say you indeed looked and felt like a mess. You felt it was better to hide your face in between your things but then a voice interrupted your thoughts.

" Let's leave, y/n. "

....

The silence around your suitcases screamed guilt. It was a mess, a mess that only you could clean up with the two men that were involved with it.

" You know what we did is unforgivable right? " Kim Seungmin, the guy who brought you peace said as he was packing along with you.

" Do you think I don't know that? Do you think I don't feel guilty? Do you think I just willingly fell into your arms not thinking about the man I was married to? "

" Y/n-

" I knew you both would be here. " Chan said silencing the room once again.

" Now isn't this great. " You said folding your arms, noticing the slight tremor Chan had and the obvious fear seungmin had.

" Y/n can we talk. " Chan said looking, or glaring at seungmin.

" Sure go on. We haven't had a conversation in years. " You said acting as if everything around was normal and closing your suitcase in the process.

" In private. Not in the vicinity of a traitor. " His said his words spitting out like poison.

" Traitor? Really. Are you talking about yourself?" You said not missing a beat and standing in front if seungmin, almost defending him untill you felt an arm on your shoulder.

" It's okay. These words need to be said but my presence is not as important. I'll be waiting with your bags downstairs. Meet me when your done. " Seungmin said, caressing your cheek and dragged the suitcase before shutting the door into the silence you kept hearing.

" Y/n listen,"

" No. You listen for once. I loved you. I loved the respect you gave me, the independence you gave me. The man you were when we got married eight years ago was my soulmate. But that's when it went all wrong. All the vows you took, keeping me happy, staying with me, respecting my opinions, loving me. Where did that all go, neither did you keep me happy or love me, nor did you stay with me. And you never respected my opinion of not having to attend your stupid parties and conferences. "

" That isn't fair. You know how it's been for me since the CEO passed-

" But you don't know how it's been for me. You know I felt like when you ask me everytime to dress up for one of your event. I feel like a trophy. And trust me, standing and shining in front of a whole bunch of people without even wanting to is hell. "

By this time you finished packing the only thing left was to grab your purse because no words were being said. You sighed as you realised that he never thought of you. The chucked that left your mouth were because of how pathetic you were with tears pricking your eyes. The hope you had for your marriage is now turning into disappointment even though some part of you expected it.

" Chan. I'm leaving. For good. This conversation was long overdue, and I'm sorry I didn't have the courage to bring it up. I know I should've taken a better route for you to find out, but I make mistakes too. Just like you did. "

" What can I do to make this better? What do you want? Please anything." You heard him say and that's when you realised that you weren't the only one holding back tears.

Seeing the sight of Chan hopelessly trying to frame sentences with his hands clutching strands of his once perfectly set hair brought you to tears yet you knew this had to be done.

" What I wanted, eight years ago, was your love. And five years ago. And two years ago. But now I've had enough. I've found the love I deserved. Just not in you. " You said grabbing one of his arms and slipping your wedding ring onto his palms as you left your room, gripping the handle of your suitcase too hard to cancel out the sobs that were slowly getting smaller and smaller.

Finally reaching the end of the hall, you hugged the man that you expected to be here when this happened.

" I'm sorry it had to go down like this. " You said breaking the hug.

" It's okay kitten. It was bound to happen. Now go have a fresh start. You've had eight years enough. " Minho said smiling half heartedly at Kim seungmin smiling softly at the doorstep with his arms open for you.