Friends to Lovers- Jefferson Hatter

yourfriendly0nerd 

(Y/N)'s POV:

----IN ENCHANTED FOREST------

Jefferson and I are best friends and we would go through his hat traveling to different worlds. Sometimes we would even go on special trips along with the Dark One or the Evil Queen. Eventually, Jefferson and I got very close. We stayed friends even though I obviously had feelings for him. I wasn't sure if he liked me back and it was certain that he didn't like me back when he went and had a baby with another woman. 

Sure I was heartbroken, but after she died, Jefferson needed someone else to help raise his baby girl so that's where I came back in. I helped him raise the sweetest baby and that was when we quit our travels so that we could stay safe for the little girl. 

One day, after a fun day of playing hide and seek, Jefferson, Grace, and I came home to the Evil Queen. She offered Jefferson a quick job so that she would promise to leave us alone for good. 

Jefferson never came back from that trip. 

-----STORYBROOKE 28 YEARS LATER------

Jefferson's POV:

This was like some horrible nightmare. My best friend and my daughter have no idea who I am but I am burdened with all the knowledge of our past. They think I am just some weird guy that follows them around or keeps awkwardly running into them. 

One day, I decided to follow my best friend to her favorite spot, the library. Ironically, she kept checking out the same book every week. Alice and Wonderland.

I wonder if deep down, she might remember who I am. So,  I went up to her. "I see you like that book a lot." "Yeah, my mother used to read it to me when I was little," She said as she smiled up at me with the most beautiful eyes that I had truly missed so dearly. 

"What brings you to the library?" She asked as she headed out with the book under her arm. "I just enjoy people watching and browsing some old titles," I said as she smiled and then turned the corner. "I'm sorry, I know this might sound strange but. Do I know you? Because you seem so familiar," She said as I stopped and smiled at her. 

"That doesn't sound strange at all. We probably met in a past life," I said as she smiled and went on with our walk. "May I take you to lunch sometime?" I asked as she agreed. "Wonderful! I will see you later at Granny's then?" She nodded and then we went our separate ways. 

Later that day, I went to Granny's and saw her sitting in a booth by herself. She wore a cute dress that tugged at her body perfectly and her hair was brushed and swept to the side. And the necklace. My god! That necklace! I thought I had lost it during the curse! I searched my entire home for that necklace.

-----THE ENCHANTED FOREST-----

(Y/N)'s POV:

Jefferson and I have been best friends for about 278 years. Grace is about 4 right now and I am in the middle of braiding her hair. "(Y/N)?" "Yes?" I answered as Jefferson got up and walked over to me and his daughter. 

"When we are older and have no one else in our lives but each other, will you marry me?" He asked as I just looked up at him with a smile. "I would gladly marry you now if you'll have me," I laughed out as he smiled and put a gorgeous gold necklace around my neck. 

"Have this be a symbol of our love. When you wear it, know that we have each other," He said as I lightly touched the chain where a wooden heart dangled off of.