The forever love story- Bucky Barnes

It is 1942. Able bodied men are getting drafted and able bodied women are setting up camps. You just happen to not be one of those women. You are sitting in your bed with your cat and some good books. There was a knock at the door so you got up and put on a robe to answer the door.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I opened the door and there was my handsome date for the night.

"Hello Barnes

"Hello Barnes." I say while he steps inside and kisses me on the cheek. "Hey Doll. Are you ready to go pick up Steve and his date?" "Yeah let me just put back on my dress. I took it off so that I wasn't dying while I read with sir lancelot."

"Right, how is that little guy." He said as looked around for my cat. "I don't know but I will leave out some food and milk for him while we're gone."

As we stepped out the door Bucky grabbed my hand and kissed it. "What was that for?" "I'm gonna miss you and Steve." "Don't worry, we will be here for you when you get back." I kiss him and he then closes my door and we head over to Steve's.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stop!" I yell to Sam as he shoots the Winter Solider in the leg. "We need to take him down." He yelled back. "No, (Y/N)'s right. We can't hurt him too much. Bucky is still in there and I'm not going home until he is here with (Y/N) and I." Steve said as he put handcuffs on Bucky.

When we get back, I made sure that Sam, Tony, and Natasha all stayed in the other room so that Steve and I could talk alone.

"Who am I talking to?" Steve asked as he crossed his arms. "Your mom's name is Sara, and you used to put newspapers in your shoes." He then looked at me.

"Your cat's name was Sir Lancelot. You would take off your dress when you read because you wanted to be more comfortable."

A single tear fell from my face so I turned away and went outside with everyone else and left Steve and Buck alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had just gotten a letter from the army saying that James Buchanan Barnes had fallen in action along with Steve Rogers.

Your heart had been crushed into a million pieces. You were at a lost for words. Bucky was your everything. Steve was like a brother. You didn't know what else to do except go to one of the camps and become a nurse to help injured soldiers.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I was helping a man put his prosthetic leg on when I heard a lot of commotion going on outside. When I stepped outside all I could see was people crowding around another group of people.