Different Kind of Night- Carter Baizen

(Y/N)'s POV:

I am a simple girl in a simple city. My best friends are Blair Waldorf, Serena Vander Woodsen, and Jenny Humphry. I live in New York City with my parents, two dogs, and housekeeper. We live in one of the Mansions next to my school.

I used to be a party girl like Serena but I've changed a lot. I am right now at a small house party at Blair's. Her mother and step-father invited me over because they think there is someone here that I would like to meet.

I'm guessing that means they are trying to set me up on a date with one of Blair's childhood friends. I know I don't date much but I am almost positive that I can find myself someone to date.

"Blair, this is not very exciting for me anymore. Your parents do know that I can find a date by myself right?" I asked while she helped zip up my dress. "You know how my mother is, she thinks that if there is a single girl in ten feet radius of an attractive guy then that girl is not going home alone." I just looked at the ground in disgust at the fact that I would have to talk to someone new.

I'm not very good at meeting new people and especially guys. "We should hurry up I don't want my mom to get mad at me that you aren't making googly eyes at Carter," I then I lifted my head abruptly. "Who's Carter?" "The guy my mother thinks is cut out for courting you," I just giggled at the way her voice sounded so annoyed when she said the word courting.

She rolled her eyes at my giggle and then went over to her nightstand so that she could get her jewelry and perfume. I smiled and went into her closet to pick out some shoes to go with my outfit. This dress is not really my type but it was surprisingly really nice and I liked it a lot. I'm so glad that Blair let me borrow it for tonight since we are trying to be over the top for ourselves, not some guy.

As I waited for her to finish getting ready I made my way out the door

As I waited for her to finish getting ready I made my way out the door. "I will meet you downstairs," She nodded and fixed her earrings. As I made my way down the staircase I was confronted by Blair's mom. "Oh, (Y/N), the gentleman I was wanting you to meet is waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs. He is quite a catch, be nice to him please." I smiled and walked down slowly.

I saw Carter standing there and he definitely was a very handsome guy. "Are you Carter?" "Yes, you must be the wonderful (Y/N) that Blair was telling me so much about," I smiled and took his hand as I stepped off the last two steps. It was like a scene in a Disney movie, so magical. His face lite up when he saw me. I felt my face get hot and I got all uncomfortable in my heels.

He looked me up and down and smiled a sweet soft smile. "You look beautiful in your dress. Blair and her mother were right," I looked at him confused. "What do you mean? What did they say about me exactly?" "That you are the most beautiful girl here." He then smiled again and I blushed at the floor not being able to look directly at him.

He then took my hand again and walked me into the other room

He then took my hand again and walked me into the other room. "Would you like something to drink?" I nodded and he walked off to go get me some punch off the food and drink table in the next room. The whole house was filled with people some I knew most I didn't. I then heard loud heels come down the stairs very quickly.

"(Y/N)! OH MY GOD! HOW IS HE?" I just caught her as she nearly fell down on her way to screaming at me. "Carter? He's cute. Why?" She then ran away as soon as I said he's cute. Just then Carter came back and handed me a crystal glass filled halfway with the punch.

"Would you like to dance with me?" I nodded and he took my punch and set it on one of the waiter's handheld tables. He took my hand and we walked over to where the music was being played. We danced for a little while and then people started to leave.

"It's getting late I should probably go say goodbye to some people," He said while kissing my cheek and walking away to say goodbye to certain people that were leaving the party. Just as he walked away Blair's mother ran over to me.

"I hear that you are having a wonderful time with Carter Baizen. I hope you will go out with him again he seemed to really have taken a liking to you," I blushed again for the 100th time tonight and with that Blair's mother walked away and Serena walked over to me.

"I hear that you and Carter have begun to like each other," She grabbed me in a hug and I hugged her back confused as to how everyone was hearing about this and why everyone was liking this so much.

Serena released from the hug and ran off. I was trying to walk away from that room to go find Carter but on my way to him, I was caught off guard by Chuck Bass. "Chuck, what do you want?" He smiled and handed me a punch glass from a waiter that was walking by us. "I really do think that Carter and you will be good for each other, he deserves someone who will take care of him as you will."

I looked at Chuck with such hatred in my eyes. You better believe that I was seconds away from punching him in his pretty little face, but just before my fist was in the air Carter walked over to us and grabbed my fist in his hand and held it firmly.

"Chuck, I think it would be best for you to leave along with your adoptive mother before (Y/N) here punches you in the face." Chuck smiled at me and then made his way out the door.

"Please never leave me alone in this place ever again." Carter smiled and we walked out of the building as well. Tonight definitely didn't go as I thought it would.